What's new

Magnifier

DallasFan

Reaction score
I just figured out that the 7 has a magnifier.

You tap 3X on the home button and bingo!

I need to use it the next time I eat at a restaurant.

It's often dark and they always have small print.

I wonder what else it can do that I don't know about?

Cool phone.......I like it better all the time.

The Magnifier is not unique to the iPhone 7, but it does have to be switched on in the Assistive settings.

You may be interested in Apple's Tips App installed on iPhones and iPads.

Thanks, it may not be unique to Apple but it was to me. I did not have one on the Nexus I previously owned.

Apple is full of surprises.

As long as I have your attention..........last night I was fooling around with the phone and I was on my TWITTER app.

I decided to 'open' some Twitter links so I would not have to open them individually to read updates etc....

Most all of them are Business and News related Tweets.

That thing has been dinging all day long with notifications and new tweets.

I tried to return to where I was , but now I can't seem to find the link to close some Tweets that are getting 'pushed' to me.

I went to Settings, Notifications and there was nothing there........

I went to TWITTER and I hit every link at the top of TWITTER and can't find the 'button' that turns off instant tweets from them.

Where the heck is it? I can't find it using my iPhone and I can't find it on TWITTER, but I sure found ti last night.

How do I cut them off ?

Thanks.

It has to be in Settings - Notifications - Twitter, afaik.
That should look like this:
IMG_1760.jpg

Either disable notifications completely (turn off Allow Notifications), or turn off Sound, ... whichever you prefer.

Thanks, I got that far.

But that turns them on and off collectively.

How do I return to the site that allows me to turn off individual followers?

Fortune and Forbes send out a lot of tweets........so does Jim Cramer and Pete Najarian

Lots of tweets but not always useful...

I haven't got a Twitter account, but from what I can find out, you need to go to your Profile page on Twitter itself and tap the gear icon to set your notifications.

In the Twitter app tap on the me icon at the bottom right.

At the top left under your aviator you will see xxxx following with the x's being numbers. Tap on this and it will open up to all the ones you follow, tap on the head/torso/check (blue at right) of the one you no longer wish to follow and select unfollow.