What's new

Love Siri

SusanR

Reaction score
However, she thinks I am in Richmond, Wisconsin NOT Richmond, Virginia. I've asked her about Richmond, Indiana and Richmond, CA and she gets those cities correct.

How can her GPS be so wrong? Is there some setting I can change?

Last edited:
Sometimes Siri is correct for me now, was't always correct. I find if I have a problem, I just tell her the zip code and she works fine. I live in Hanover, VA and she used to do the same as yours, today she was correct for a change. Funny, my ISP thinks my computer is in Petersburg, go figure.

It makes no difference to her what I say, she still returns Richmond, Wisconsin unless I say Chesterfield Virginia. Is there a place to report this at Apple?

Just for grins, try a hard reset. Hold the "Power" (top) button and the "Home" (bottom) button till you see the Apple Icon, about 10-15 seconds, and wait for it to reboot. Cures many strange things on iDevices. And NO it will not erase your apps or settings. It's just like doing a "Ctl + Alt + Del" on a PC" or a "Restart" on a Mac computer. It just reboots. Another possibility is, do you have location turned On in "Settings" > "General" > "Restrictions" > "Privacy:Location Services" > "Siri=ON", for Siri? If you can ask Siri " What's my current location?" and get the correct answer, Siri has to be on. Good luck.