What's new

Lost iphone

Allanb

Reaction score
Hi, guys. I work in a bar in Spain and we have an iPhone 5s (I think) that has been handed in to us. On the screen it says "iPhone disabled, connect to iTunes". I dont use Apple stuff and dont want to download iTunes but would like to return it to it's owner. Can anyone help?

If there’s no onscreen message about who to contact about the only thing you can do is turn the iPhone in to the local police. You could also try a local Apple Store to see if they can contact the owner.

If there’s no onscreen message about who to contact about the only thing you can do is turn the iPhone in to the local police. You could also try a local Apple Store to see if they can contact the owner.

I did think about that but was advised not to hand it into the police as it would be just logged as "something found" and no attempt would be made to contact the owner unless the owners details are apparent (they are not). I can understand this as the Police have more important things to do. I am not an apple user so I dont know for certain but can't iphones be tracked and located. There was no charger handed in with it so I borrowed one today and fully charged it. Surely if I leave it switched on the original owner should be able to find it?

If “Find my iPhone” is enabled, the owner can send a message to his device, play a sound on it, and track his iPhone.