What's new

Lost Iphone

kingdoherty1

Reaction score
Hi, My iPhone went missing last weekend from my house when i had "friends" round and since then one of my friends logged into my iCloud on his own phone to attempt to track my phone, he found nothing. A few days later I had my own attempt at tracking my lost phone and it has came up with his address, he is now telling me that it shows the phone at his address as he used his to login to my iCloud days earlier, surely it wouldn't show up at his address just because he has logged into my iCloud previously? or am I wrong? is he lying?

thanks in advance

If the find my iPhone app shows your iPhone at your friends house then it is or was at your friends house. Your friend logging into your iCloud account with his phone would not cause your iPhone to show as being at your friends house unless it was actually there. It's very likely that your friend is not being honest with you. BTW, change your iCloud password so your friend cannot access it any longer.

Don't confront your friend on your own, this is more properly a matter for the police.

What an awful thing to do to you, Hope you get your phone back, please let us know how it goes.

If the find my iPhone app shows your iPhone at your friends house then it is or was at your friends house. Your friend logging into your iCloud account with his phone would not cause your iPhone to show as being at your friends house unless it was actually there. It's very likely that your friend is not being honest with you. BTW, change your iCloud password so your friend cannot access it any longer.

Don't confront your friend on your own, this is more properly a matter for the police.

thankyou for your help

I was thinking that was the case because isn't the association of a iPhone (or iPod/iPad) to any AppleID made when activating, or when it's connected to iTunes?

Sent from my Inspiron 3520 using Tapatalk

I was thinking that was the case because isn't the association of a iPhone (or iPod/iPad) to any AppleID made when activating, or when it's connected to iTunes?

Sent from my Inspiron 3520 using Tapatalk
You can change the iCloud/Apple ID after activating it as well, and it doesn't have to be connected to iTunes. All you'd have to do, is sign out of the one ID, and enter a different one.