What's new

Lost info on "Notes yellow page"

Look at your trash in the Gmail account. Maybe they ended up there.

If you can't find them there, go to Settings - Mail, Contacts, Calendars - Gmail (the account), and disable Notes there. Force close the Notes app. Enable Notes for your Gmail account again. Wait for a few minutes, then open the Notes app and search for the lost notes.

J.A. Thanks for the suggestion, but no luck. Seems like I've had a number of strange things happening on my iPhone5 lately, all since I started backing up to iCloud. Think I'll go back to iTunes backup.

Don't mean to hijack this thread, but I've had (am having) this problem as well. I just seem to randomly lose notes (not all, just some) and I know I didn't erase them. My default Notes account is Gmail, but per your suggestion, I don't even have a Notes folder in my email account. I have folders for sent, trash, personal, etc, but no Notes. I also observe that while I have notes toggled to backup to iCloud, it doesn't appear to do it. Nothing is in the iCloud Notes folder. Any help would be appreciated I'm tired of re entering notes.
Go to Settings >Mail, Contacts and Calendars >Toggle Notes OFF for Gmail. Then check the Notes folder in your Gmail account. Sounds backwards, but it's the way it is.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.