What's new

Lost Android Contacts Failed to Sync from Gmail Account! What to do?

racheelyee

Reaction score
I was composing a message and the phone got stuck when I was about to select the recipients. (Wanted to group send message so that’s why I was not answering directly.) After waiting for a while the phone was still not responding then I forced to shut down and turned it on again. Okay I again edited the same text and tap to choose receivers. Good grief! NO CONTACTS! EMPTY! Why? What happened?

I first tried to sync Gmail contacts back to my Sony Xperia, however when I logged in to Gmail and it was the same! NO CONTACTS!

Long story short, I finally found Myjad Android Contact Recovery which seems to be useful because I want simply the contacts. So is there anyone tried successfully restoring lost contacts with this program? Any advice? Many thanks!

Contacts saved to your Gmail account are on the Google server so cannot be lost.
First of all check in Contacts > Menu > Contacts to display that you have selected your Gmail (or All)
If selected, turn phone off, remove battery and turn back on.
You will need a data connection to resend contacts.
However, if you have only saved contacts to android phone, it is possible to wipe them. But again, try turning phone on and off.

Last edited by a moderator: