What's new

Looking for a new 4S case, but can't decide....

Merlecollins

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I've always been a loyal Otterbox user and currently have the Defender case on my 4S.

But it has torn at the mute switch and I am considering a new case.

Any guidance would be great. I work in construction so the phone needs to well protected and a screen cover is a must, but it would be great if I could get a protective case that was not as bulky as the Defender Series.

Is Lifeproof a slimmer case?

Hi guys,

I've always been a loyal Otterbox user and currently have the Defender case on my 4S.

But it has torn at the mute switch and I am considering a new case.

Any guidance would be great. I work in construction so the phone needs to well protected and a screen cover is a must, but it would be great if I could get a protective case that was not as bulky as the Defender Series.

Is Lifeproof a slimmer case?

Pm'd

Tapatalk'd from my iPhone 4s

Lifeproof is slimmer, but otterbox will replace the torn case for you if email them

Anyone got any views on Speck Products? Quite cool looking, but not sure of durability/build quality....

I have the otterbox defender as well and I don't like that the silicone starts to stretch. I don't drop my phone a lot, so i think I'm going to buy a otterbox commuter case because it still gives great protection

i use the otterbox commuter case. i like it a lot

I would highly suggest the Otterbox brand. They have a great selection now and they also have the best reviews when it comes to durability. People say they are not worried about it because they don't drop their phones, but it does just take one time before they drop it, crack the screen, and are bummed to no end. Take a look at this site I found that has a few reviews of the iPhone cases that are available to them. It's pretty neat.

Moderation Notice:​ This post has been edited by the iPhoneForums staff in accordance with the Forum Rules

I went back to my commuter case after trying a lifeproof and I've never had any issues with it. A couple dings from dropping my phone on bar grating at work but otherwise nothing else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was a huge fan of otterbox until a couple weeks ago. All my defenders screens were scratched up from keys etc and the rubber was way too flimsy.

I stumbled upon a ballistic hc case at a local store and decide to give it a shot and I love it. Fully protects the phone and has a built in screen guard that seems to be way more durable. Its extremely smaller compared to otterbox and all the covers for the headphones, charger and mute switch are removable so they arent flapping around. Ive got about 30 cases and this by far is my favorite.

Otterbox commuter case with belt clip holster and a zagg hd screen protector

i just ordered a waterproof case from coolcovercases, anyone have any news on them before i receive it

Lifeproof cases are sweet. I have already swam with mine, snapped pics and recorded video underwater. I haven't tested the dropping of my iPhone and will not intentionally do it either. The back side of the case acts like a speaker. You can sprinkle salt on it while playing music and see it dance to the beat

I have a lifeproof case that I've never used, the hookup for my indash DVD doesn't fit with the lifeproof case on 👎

It's not waterproof but I love my otterbox commuter