What's new

Looking for a good News App

I have the New York times that I downloaded through the news stand feature on my 4S. It displays breaking news in the notification drop down and so far I like it.

The app PULSE IS GREAT
however don't notify but you can customize to what you like to see on different pages
ANother is DRUDGE REPORT that will notify you...it does on my 4S

Fluent news can set notifications I believe but that would eat your battery!

WOW thank you for all your answers ! I am trying out the NYT , a subscription is not needed for the front page . It's a bit of a bore to have to open News stand first and then NYT .
I have Pulse on my iPad and love it , I didn't know there was an iPhone app , thanks for the heads up .

Sky grid is great too

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

kozal01 said:
Huh? It's free?

Nope it's not free. The app itself is but the viewing content isn't. Check'r out.

Attachments

• $image-3738005064.jpg
    $image-3738005064.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 345
  • $image-68690316.jpg
    $image-68690316.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 361
Nope it's not free. The app itself is but the viewing content isn't. Check'r out.

All I know is that I downloaded it from the newsstand feature and payed nothing. I receive headline updates in my notification bar and can visit the app and view the headline news.

6abc is a good news app. It will give you local news if your in the Philadelphia/NJ/Delaware areas and will also give you national news as well. 6abc.com is the website.

kozal01 said:
All I know is that I downloaded it from the newsstand feature and payed nothing. I receive headline updates in my notification bar and can visit the app and view the headline news.

I believe that you also have a monthly limit of you don't subscribe. I get what you're saying though. I would rather use something like pulse or taptu over ny times any day. My apps for news is flipboard on the iPad, WUSA, WJLA and fox 5 dc.

I believe that you also have a monthly limit of you don't subscribe. I get what you're saying though. I would rather use something like pulse or taptu over ny times any day. My apps for news is flipboard on the iPad, WUSA, WJLA and fox 5 dc.

Yeah that could be the case. Ill look into the other apps you listed and give them a try too.