What's new

Limiting number of multi tasking apps

I was talking to a friend of mine that is a programmer for Mxxxxsoft and explained to him my point of view on this issue and he said that I was right.....

You partially redacted a word. Seriously? Are you trying to hide Minorsoft? Moccasoft? Moistsoft? It is human nature to sympathize with someone that is upset about a subject that seems near and dear to them. And saying that an opinion is right is simply an opinion in and of itself. Opinions are not facts.

Are you going to call another fellow programmer ignorant too?

As a matter of fact, yes.

You know what bedazzles me is the fact yous are trying to tell us that the problem lies with the software/app developers when you have no idea or clue what programs we are talking about.

You stated it was a program that was used to remotely view security camera feeds. Any programmer that has a clue can lay out exactly what it would take to write that application. It isn't rocket science.

And I'm quite sure that all of us are not using the same programs that are not working properly.

Was only addressing your issue since it was specific enough to address.

So that also gives me the impression that you think we are all stupid! You sound like the guy that's telling me that he can fix my car for $39.95 and I haven't started or finished telling him what's wrong with the car in the first place.

Never consider anyone stupid until such time that they prove they are. Ignorance is the lack of education. Stupidity is using said education in a manner that is counter to its teaching. Please try to remember the difference.

Your telling us that's somethings wrong with a developers code that you haven't seen nor do you know what program we are talking about. The fact that your not asking any one “well what program are you trying to run when you have this problem” tells me some of you haven't learned anything in 30 years.

Informed Microsoft in 1994 that Windows NT 3.50 had a serious RS-232 bug that would not allow a PC to properly handle four ISA modem in real time. Submitted to them the basic outline of what to look for and how they should fix it. Was offered a job after that bug report because without seeing a single line of code, they were able to fix the issue in less than an hour. That patch was in Windows NT 3.51. So yeah, I can trouble shoot code based only on a description of the issue.

I never said I was a programmer I'm a retired Electrical Engineering Technologist who knows Technical (B) Gibberish (S) when he hears it! If I can remember correctly we were (30 or so yrs ago) using the Intel Z80, 8080, 8085, 385? & 485's CPU's I still have the instruction set for the Z80 on my book shelf, you see I've been around for along time too!

I am very happy for you. BTW, Z80 when a reset signal is applied latches the address lines to FFFF and FFFE to grab the vector address for where to start executing code. I was doing machine language coding for the Z80 from 1986 to 1989.

Back then company's cared about the consumer. Today I see you don't because you haven't asked not one question names of programs/apps that people are complaining about. All you do is make statements and dubious accusations about developers with absolutely no idea what programs your making these accusations about! What are uses techknowledgey Houdini's?

Your last sentence was typed in anger. It has four mistakes. Suggest you step back and clear your head. And I have already addressed your first point. Multiple times no less.

Well! I'm done with it. Continue doing what your doing which is obviously nothing! Your doing a fine job at that!

YES! Getting paid to do nothing. Thanks!