What's new

lifeproof vs otterbox

I waited for the Armor case on the beginning, but have up. I even offered to test it since I go through cases often, but four Defenders and only the 1st Lifeproof, now second because of a new phone, lol!

i bought the life proof case for it's waterproof ability as i ride motor bikes, but found the screen to be wavy making satnav use annoying. so went back to the Griffin case, which i also have for my iPad2.

The 1st griffin black case screen became detached from the case after about a year, bought the lifeproof-case, i then bought a new white Griffin Case but it seems to be a much lower quality rubber, the plug flap has already fell off

lots of comment about the otter box rubber becoming lax, more likely by people with outdoor jobs or interests i'd guess

setty7 - I apologize for not responding earlier.

The otterbox on the iPhone 5 is just about the same in terms of bulkiness as it is the iPhone 4S. I personally don't mind because if I have the my otterbox on my 4S I use a belt clip. My wife doesn't mind the otterbox on her 5 because she carries it in her purse. The rubber on the otterbox for the 5 seems to be a little smoother (making it a little easier to slip in and out of a pocket) than the 4S.

I have an Otterbox Defender on my current phone (Android device, Moto Atrix) and hate it tbh.

For some reason, water is able to get into it quite easily.

Maybe their case for the iPhone is a better quality but there is no way I'd purchase another.

I used the otterbox defender on my iphone4s for about two months and while it protected the phone well, due to my job i ended up getting the lifeproof case for the extra water proofing protection and gave the defender case to my wife to use. for the first three months the lifeproof case was great, however the rubber in the top right corner on the front cover developed a small tear. Within 30 days the rubber had torn off halfway around the front face pretty much ruining the water proofing qualities of the case. It took me two weeks of emailing several different photos to lifeproof warranty department to try to get this taken care of and when it was all said and done, they told me to send in my front housing to them to determin if they would warranty it and send me a new one (wich may take up to two weeks). During this time i have purchased a ballistic hard core case and when/if lifeproof decides to send my replacement case i will not be putting it on my phone, i am more than happy with the ballistic case (i would rate it higher than the otterbox).

I've had the otterbox defender since day one with my 4s. solid protection!

I use OtterBox Commuter on my iPhone 5 and so far perfectly happy. Never used Lifeproof myself but there are a lot of negative reviews regarding it's water-proof ability, screen sensitivity and pictures quality.
You probably read negative reviews about an OEM product of Lifeproof, which is fake. Myself, I prefer Lifeproof over Otterbox because of the slimness. However, if you're looking for something to protect against big shocks go with the Otterbox Defender. If you want protection from both water and big shocks, I would go with the Armor (from Otterbox).

Lifeproof sucks. I would recommend the otterbox defender with a zagg. I always remove the screen protector from the defender.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

I just upgraded to a 4s and purchased the Lifeproof.

I'm not impressed. I volume is up and I've missed 2 calls because I can't seem to hear the sound.

My volume buttons don't function and I'm not thrilled with the lack of sensitivity f my screen.

As to Otterbox, way too bulky for my taste and I don't typically have an issue with my 3 yr old being rough with my phone.

Also, DH had an Otterbox for his SG3 and it sucked and eventually fell apart.

So, I'm really considering returning my Lifeproof case today.

I just upgraded to a 4s and purchased the Lifeproof.

I'm not impressed. I volume is up and I've missed 2 calls because I can't seem to hear the sound.

My volume buttons don't function and I'm not thrilled with the lack of sensitivity f my screen.

As to Otterbox, way too bulky for my taste and I don't typically have an issue with my 3 yr old being rough with my phone.

Also, DH had an Otterbox for his SG3 and it sucked and eventually fell apart.

So, I'm really considering returning my Lifeproof case today.

Get an otterbox commuter, less bulk but still protects.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get an otterbox commuter, less bulk but still protects.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Silver, but from what I know if Otterbox, I probably won't waste the money.

I'm pretty OCD about my phones and have never truly needed one if the Otterbox or Lifeproff before.

So, I'll just go back to a personalized Caw cover with bumpers.

The new Lifeproof NUUD for iPhone 5 is out, has anyone tried it out yet. Wanting to know how everything works.

The new Lifeproof NUUD for iPhone 5 is out, has anyone tried it out yet. Wanting to know how everything works.

I just got it today. Call audio is improved over the original. Of course the fact that there is no screen protector makes the touchscreen aspect much better. Loud speaker (ring tones, videos, games) noises are still muffled, but the case doesn't vibrate nearly as much as the original lifeproof case did. No one has complained about not being able to here me on their end either. Yet.