What's new

Lifeproof for iPhone 5 Availability....

Are you holding out for Lifeproof?

• Trying your best to hold out for Lifeproof... LOL!!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I wouldn't ever put my phone in a lifeproof case. The 4s lifeproof case I had failed the water test and to have to pay for the clip for the case as an add on I didn't like very much. Plus even though the lifeproof says it can protect your phone in water when there liability statement says this..

Liability LifeProof shall not be liable for any consequential, incidental and contingent damages arising from, but not limited to, the sale, installation, use or repair of its products. LifeProof warranty does not, under any circumstance, cover the replacement or cost of any electronic device or personal property inside or outside of the case. Notwithstanding any other provision of this agreement, LifeProofs' maximum combined liability shall be limited to the cost for the specific product only.

I dont think the case does all it says it can do.... here is the complete warranty from the lifeproof website if you wish to read it ..... Policies and Warranties | LifeProof

Any news as to when we will be able to purchase the iPhone 5 Lifeproof cases?

Any news as to when we will be able to purchase the iPhone 5 Lifeproof cases?
Nothing as of yet... their FB and Twitter feeds are still saying "Q4 2012." Hurry up and wait... :-(

My reason for using Lifeproof, is that it DOES protect you during those fluke instances where you get caught in the rain, get pushed into a pool, or the worst... dropping it in the loo! Because really... every case manufacturer is going to have disclamers saying they don't warranty the device kept inside their case but, only the case itself. What should make Lifeproof any different?

Nothing as of yet... their FB and Twitter feeds are still saying "Q4 2012." Hurry up and wait... :-(

My reason for using Lifeproof, is that it DOES protect you during those fluke instances where you get caught in the rain, get pushed into a pool, or the worst... dropping it in the loo! Because really... every case manufacturer is going to have disclamers saying they don't warranty the device kept inside their case but, only the case itself. What should make Lifeproof any different?

The loo! I haven't heard that since a Joint Task Force op. those guys were great!

horsehaulin said:
The loo! I haven't heard that since a Joint Task Force op. those guys were great!

Well.... the "loo" was used for dramatic effect! "Crapper" might be better suited for this group. LOL!!

I have had a Lifeproof case on my iPhone 4S for about 4 1/2 months and I would say it is a very good case: bulk vs protection. I have dropped my phone numerous times on concrete (and other places) and I also let me 3 year watch his videos and play games on the phone. I don't intend on bringing it under water for photos but like the fact that if it gets dropped in a puddle or something like that it's covered. I see where Scotiez is coming from; after dropping the phone on concrete there was some noticeable damage to the rubber around the edge hat looked like the case may leak. Did a test and it still worked. If you are planning on being around the water or use it underwater, I would suggest doing the water test to make sure your case is still good.

$2012-10-02_08-03-01_608.jpg
(the crack goes all the through to the front of the case)

Where are the Lifeproof cases for the iPhone 5?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hooterville said:
Where are the Lifeproof cases for the iPhone 5?

Need to watch their FB & Twitter feeds... as stated earlier in this thread. Still says, "Q4 2012."

I am waiting for this case also. I used the Otterbox on my iPhone4 when in the situations I needed it for but it's got some bulk to it, not that LifeProof doesn't.

I don't plan on taking mine under water etc, but I have horses (I team rope and barrel race) which means I have chores which means there's always a possibility of me get wet while fixing a water tank or giving a horse a bath or having my phone hit the ground hard if/when I take a dive off my horse.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

i got an email from them today. they said it's going to come out in a month. i hope i wont mess my phone up till then.

caferacer said:
i got an email from them today. they said it's going to come out in a month. i hope i wont mess my phone up till then.

"A month..." did it give an exact date?!? I didn't get any notification from them... and no one on their FB & Twitter feeds have mentioned getting a notification.

"
Thank you for signing up for the iPhone 5 pre-order list.

We know you love your iPhone 5 and want a case that lets you take it everywhere without worrying about drops, scratches, daily living or the elements.

Our goal is for you to have your LifeProof Frē case as soon as possible, however, Apple does not share any information prior to their official announcement. We have an army of engineers working 24/7 on three continents, racing to get the case delivered.

You may be asking, "Why is LifeProof not yet on the market when other protective cases are?" The answer is simple: LifeProof is the only everyday case that’s water proof, dirt proof, snow proof and shock proof − which means we won’t design a product with gaping holes over the camera, microphones and speakers just to rush a case out the door. Without these protections, other case makers avoid any technical complexity in getting their cases ready.

At LifeProof, we make a promise to our customers to deliver the best case possible, even if it means our case takes a little longer to get to you.

Additionally, all LifeProof cases need to pass thorough independent lab testing to meet Military Standards for shock and impact protection, and for IP-68 water, dirt, and snow protection. Our team is working with total dedication and urgency because we believe this is worth getting right.

What's more, anyone can build a bulkier case, but we’re committed to making our thinnest and lightest case ever. This adds a level of complexity to our case, but our values drive us to deliver only the best. We want you to be thrilled with your LifeProof Frē case for the iPhone 5, and our new iPhone 5 case substantially improves every dimension of experience over our very popular iPhone 4 case.

And, we’re almost there! We expect to ship our first LifeProof Frē case for iPhone 5 within the month.

iP5_ceo_letter_06.jpg
iP5_ceo_letter_07.jpg
I thank you for your patience and I’m confident that you will believe the wait was totally worth it once your iPhone 5 is LifeProof."

Awesome!! Perhaps the email notifications are staggered... can't wait now!!