What's new

lifeproof case off ebay

sirmo

Reaction score
ok, I probably should have known better, but I bought a $25 Lifeproof case on ebay. New in the box.

The screen protector is not flat. Therefore it is not flat against the phone itself.

In comparison to the otterbox, the otterbox is screen is more solid, stiff and straight. The lifeproof is more flimsy and not flat.

Is this the case with all lifeproof cases? The high part of the screen wave is above the space bar, which really sucks....

sirmo said:
ok, I probably should have known better, but I bought a $25 Lifeproof case on ebay. New in the box.

The screen protector is not flat. Therefore it is not flat against the phone itself.

In comparison to the otterbox, the otterbox is screen is more solid, stiff and straight. The lifeproof is more flimsy and not flat.

Is this the case with all lifeproof cases? The high part of the screen wave is above the space bar, which really sucks....

$25 Lifeproof from eBay.... chances are it's a fake! All genuine Lifeproof products have a matching serial # on the inside of both halves of the case.

ok, I have non-matching serials....so its fake.

Even still...I see plenty of reviews about this same issue involving real cases. And modifications are neccessary to resolve. This is not good..

I love the idea of a waterproof case, but will do without if it affects the use of the phone.

For what it's worth, I found even the genuine lifeproof case has to flimsy of a screen protector.

I ended up using a stick on protector and an otterbox commuter case. Very happy with this balance of protection and usability.

Authentic Lifeproof cases serial numbers DO NOT MATCH!! they do this on purpose! If your numbers match, it is 100% counterfeit! I know this as I resell authentic Lifeproof cases....

Authentic Lifeproof cases serial numbers DO NOT MATCH!! they do this on purpose! If your numbers match, it is 100% counterfeit! I know this as I resell authentic Lifeproof cases....
Would you like to add some documentary proof to this claim? Other than "I sell authentic..."

Would you like to add some documentary proof to this claim? Other than "I sell authentic..."

Sure, what "documentary proof" would you like? How about when you register the product on Lifeproof's website, it asks for both, seperate serial numbers. An actually, there are 3 total serial numbers. One on the back bottom, on in the front side, and another on the back bottom of the box. You should go through the registration process so you can see what I am talking about. I am one of the few people who sell authentic Lifeproof products, and am fully aware of the counterfeit market on Ebay and Amazon. You can check out my listing on ebay, my seller id is ...............

Last edited by a moderator:
Sure, what "documentary proof" would you like? How about when you register the product on Lifeproof's website, it asks for both, seperate serial numbers. An actually, there are 3 total serial numbers. One on the back bottom, on in the front side, and another on the back bottom of the box. You should go through the registration process so you can see what I am talking about. I am one of the few people who sell authentic Lifeproof products, and am fully aware of the counterfeit market on Ebay and Amazon. You can check out my listing on ebay, my seller id is ............
Thank you for the clarification. While it's unnecessary to include your eBay ID, which I've edited from your post, I didn't recall the registration process that way. It has been a couple years since I've registered a Lifeproof case, however.