What's new

leaving iphone4 connected to car charger

jim_joh

Reaction score
Is it ok to leave the iphone4 connected to car chargers for long periods of time such as over night or even longer. I purchased a Griffen ipad/iphone4 car charger from the Apple store or should I always remove it from the charger when it shos 100% jim_joh

It's not good to leave it on the charger for long periods unless you are using the phone to make calls or listening to music. When you car is off, your charger shouldn't really be on. At least most cars I've driven are like that so no problem on that. The only problem with leaving it in the car is someone will probably steal your phone. I have left my phone on the dock while listening to music even if it's 100% charged.

It's not good to leave it on the charger for long periods unless you are using the phone to make calls or listening to music. When you car is off, your charger shouldn't really be on. At least most cars I've driven are like that so no problem on that. The only problem with leaving it in the car is someone will probably steal your phone. I have left my phone on the dock while listening to music even if it's 100% charged.

First time that I have heard this. Please explain.

First time that I have heard this. Please explain.

Which one are you talking about? Be more specific but if you're talking about the battery google lithium or cell phone battery care.

I have a 2010 Ford Fusion and yes it is charging all the time even when the car is turned off so if I leave it in the car over night the current will be on after it is fully charged. Will that damage the iphone3 jim_joh

I have a 2010 Ford Fusion and yes it is charging all the time even when the car is turned off so if I leave it in the car over night the current will be on after it is fully charged. Will that damage the iphone3 jim_joh

As stated before once it gets to 100% it just powers the phone thru the cord. Not the battery... You could leave it plugged in 24/7 and it won't burn up or overcharge.