What's new

Kinda Saddended by Cydia

TangoSucka

Reaction score
I used to have a 1st gen touch. I used to have i jb'd with Quickpwn and I loved it. There was so much to do on Cydia.

Now you have to pay for it all. It's lame. VERY lame. The whole point of it was to tweak your phone and make it fun better FOR FREE. Paying for all these apps is just kinda lame I guess.

I miss the old days.

I used to have a 1st gen touch. I used to have i jb'd with Quickpwn and I loved it. There was so much to do on Cydia.

Now you have to pay for it all. It's lame. VERY lame. The whole point of it was to tweak your phone and make it fun better FOR FREE. Paying for all these apps is just kinda lame I guess.

I miss the old days.

Not sure where you looking?
There are thousands of free tweaks, themes etc... sure you have to pay for some apps like FirewallIP and iFile but so what? You cant expect developers to create all these things for free... every once in a while we need to give something back to JB community.

I agree. I remember when I had my 3G jailbroke, I don't remember having to pay for anything, now, seems everything I've come across costs money, whether it be BiteSMS or some other apps. Even at 99 cents, that's still more than I want to pay, that's why we jailbreak, to get stuff free. If I wanted to pay for something, I'd just get it from iTunes. *tear*

Same here. Cydia was supposed to be a free shareing program. Some things that end up being paid for i can kind of see, like mywi and stuff, but for someone of the stupid things, or themes, it's redic. Even if it's .99, is your measily little tweak worth it?

Agreed, Over in the other world of android, it seemed more stuff was free then here.just my .2

I can remember back to installer... so yeah, cydia has come a long way since then, some good, some bad.

I kinda see what youre saying but since ive jailbroke my phone ive found plenty of themes and apps that you dont have to pay for. I like it and understand that everyone is entitled to their own opinions. But, like said above, we cant expect them to keep giving us everything for free. Doesnt Cydia contain all of the apps that Apple didnt want in their store? So that technically doesnt mean theyre free.

I miss the old days.

Not sure where you looking?
There are thousands of free tweaks, themes etc... sure you have to pay for some apps like FirewallIP and iFile but so what? You cant expect developers to create all these things for free... every once in a while we need to give something back to JB community.

And I'm completely ok with that. Like, I understand to give something back and if Cydia cost like five bucks to download, I'd pay it. No questions asked.

But paying two or three bucks for a freaking theme REALLY kills the fun in this.

Got to love google. Put name in search a little word called free in heading and I'm sure you will find something

You don't have to pay for that stuff if you know what you are doing. That's all I'm sayin'.

I like it. There are still a ton of free stuff AND the developers get what they deserve and continue to develop :)

help us out.....how do you do it ??

You can start by reading the rules....

I like it. There are still a ton of free stuff AND the developers get what they deserve and continue to develop :)

EXACTLY!!

I am amazed that some people are so cheap they refuse to pay 59p for an app from Apple or 99p from cydia.

What the hell is wrong with people nowadays?