What's new

Any three UK customers on unlimited data and unable to tether?

chantelle310

Reaction score
I've not been with three all that long but was always under the impression they was a great network for tethering data. I know a lot of people who tether daily and use Gb after Gb each month and its fine. One of the reasons I've loom forward to this jailbreak so much was to be able to tether in data to my iPad when I'm away from home. Just for light Internet browsing and emails etc. no streaming or anything. I've tried a few of the tether apps on cydia and they get detected and blocked within seconds of use!

Anybody else in the UK using three have this problem? If so have you found a way to get around it at all?
I pay for truly unlimited data monthly and could of got a far better deal from another network without the unlimited data. It kinda sucks that I can't use it for the main purpose I tied myself into a 24 month contract to do.

You'll need your carrier to unlock the tethering port for your device. In the US, some reps from carriers will overlook the monthly charge if you have a large enough or unlimited data pool. Otherwise, you'll have to use the other tweaks that spoofs data usage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 

You'll need your carrier to unlock the tethering port for your device. In the US, some reps from carriers will overlook the monthly charge if you have a large enough or unlimited data pool. Otherwise, you'll have to use the other tweaks that spoofs data usage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 

My crappy network charge extra to unlock a capped tethering port. Even though I already pay for unlimited data. so feel a little robbed if I was to pay extra to use that unlimited data more. Are you aware of any tweaks that do that? As I don't know of any

Use TetherMe to tether, one-time fee of $5. There's no way to spoof data usage, but I wouldn't worry about it. I tether around 10gb/month right now and have never had any issues.

You must be mistaken, TetherMe is not detectable. It changes the APN settings to make it appear as though all the data is being sent through the phone itself.

This is what I get when using tether me. As soon as I open safari on my iPad $ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21360520115.750562.jpg$ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21360520128.290063.jpg$ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21360520139.000842.jpg

Hmmm, maybe they've added a user-agent checker to their data service. Do you have another iPhone you could try tethering to? If that's the case, you should be able to use a user-agent faker to bypass this check.

Tried with my sister iPhone and still get the same as soon as I connect. Also tried with a nexus 7 tab too. Same results from each. How do I go about using one of those blockers?

Attachments

• $ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21360521553.701309.jpg
    $ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21360521553.701309.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 872
Well if it's not working on an iPhone then it's not a user-agent check. They must have deep-packet inspection or something, I don't know how else they would be able to detect it immediately like that, have you tried using PDANet?

Yep I've tried them all apart from MyWi 6.0. Don't really wanna pay for anymore tethering apps when the two I have been a waste already. Looks like three have just cracked down on tethering.

Ya, if TetherMe won't work, MyWi definitely won't since the data is transferred through an app, Three could easily detect the app signature the data is transmitting through.

That goes for almost all carriers. They have ways of finding out whether or not you're tethering. By default your tethering port is closed on your device until it's opened up when you buy a tethering plan or a rep does it for you without the monthly charges.