What's new

Keyboard responsiveness

While waiting for Apple to finish cleaning my iMac screen I got a chance to play with 3 iPhone 5. And during those 20 minutes I concentrated specifically on the keyboard issue reported here.

For those of you not using a case, that is why you aren't able to hit the left and right hand keys properly. Optically the new glass gives the illusion that you should be able to hit the Q, 1 and - keys a little more to the left than you actually can. You can test that very easily for yourself by holding the 1 key down and then move your finger left. It will hold it pretty far in fact, but if you lift your finger at the last possible point and then drop it back down, the hit rate is basically 50/50 depending on the width of your fingers contact point. It looks like you should be able to touch there but basically it is dead space even though there seems to be screen output to that point.

I have to say one thing for the iPhone 5, it has one hell of a gorgeous screen. Even compared to the iPhone 4S which I thought was the end all be all. Well till this evening that is.

as an update...

Still having issues with keyboard accuracy. I feel like I'm a kindergardner when using the 5. I am using a bumber and with or without, I make way too many mistakes. Yes, they seem to be targeted to the right side/lower right of the keyboard.

I went back and used my son's 4s. No issues at all.

I do believe that there is an issue, but hoping that it can be resolved with an update. This one issue could make me switch to an android device. And yes, I'm a huge Apple guy. I've got apple everything in the house. Going to a new android, after trying the galaxy III for two weeks prior to my 5, it scares me a bit. But at least I could type on the damn thing. Apple... please help me!