What's new

Just Landed app – the right recipe for a perfect airport pickup

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Reaction score
JustLanded-iOSapp.png

There are plenty of travel apps in the App Store but none destined towards the person who is waiting to pick up the traveler from the airport. Well given the circumstances, “Just Landed” is a pretty special app.

Enter a flight number in your iPhone app and the software will dutifully alert you when it’s time for you to leave the house and go to the airport, just in time to see the person you’re picking up come out of the Arrival gate. The app will do so by taking into account real-time flight data, your current location, the airport’s location and current traffic. Say goodbye to boring long waits at the airport café and say hello to punctuality.

When the hour when you need to leave your house to go to the airport approaches, the app will send you a “Leave in five minutes” sort of notification so you’ll have a little time in advance to get ready. Another notification “Leave now” will be sent when you should be getting on your way.

The app will also send you notifications in case the flight is early, delayed, diverted or worst of all canceled. The notifications make these cool aircraft-like noises which constitutes a pretty cool addition. The software will even text the person you will meet in case you run late or your usual route has changed.

The app will work on iOS 5 or later and it supports only U.S. Canadian airports so far. The little program will cost interested parties $0.99.

By Radu

Source - Apple, iPhone and iPad News | ModMyi - Just Landed App Lands in the App Store to Make Airport Travel a Breeze

An app that gets me to the airport just in time to pick up my wife and head back home?:confused: And deprive me of sitting in the arrival area people-watching and enjoying by iPad. No thanks! :D