What's new

Just bought a 4s

Btw I had an issue that my charger wouldn't go in the port. I freaked out and bought a new cable and still didn't work!! But I'm pretty tech savvy and noticed some serious dust clots, took a small pin and poked em out, then sucked it all out with a vacuum cleaner and now it's good as new! (Returned the cable)

Also this phones in mint condition, not a single scratch or blemish anywhere!! :)

Also every night when I go to charge my phone I turn it off then plug it in to charge so that it clears out the ram and gets a fresh start daily :)

I hope they don't bring iOS 9 to 4s...
Even if iOS 9 is offered for the iPhone 4S, whether or not to upgrade is always your choice.

the 4s was my first smart phone and i am still using it 2 years later . before this i had what i call dumb phones . the 4s is the only smart phone i know but i do like it for its ease of use . not a bunch of useless things i will never use .just a simple to use phone that does everything pretty well .
if your 4s has ios 7 on it i would stay with that and avoid the upgrade . i put ios 8.1 or whatever the newest release is but honestly it slows the phone down . but its still a very capable phone
To help your 4s run as smooth as possible, try these suggestions.
1. Leave 20% or more of your internal storage space free. This helps to not constrain the system.
2. Get rid of unnecessary features. Yeah, some are cool, but they will bog down an older model phone.
3. Disable transparency effects. Toggle on "Increase Transparency" in Accessibility.
4. Toggle off "Background App Refresh".
Good luck.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

To help your 4s run as smooth as possible, try these suggestions.
1. Leave 20% or more of your internal storage space free. This helps to not constrain the system.
2. Get rid of unnecessary features. Yeah, some are cool, but they will bog down an older model phone.
3. Disable transparency effects. Toggle on "Increase Transparency" in Accessibility.
4. Toggle off "Background App Refresh".
Good luck.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.
Right on, those are pretty much the changes I did that I found in a YouTube video :)

I also just purchased a 4s. It is being shipped with iOS 6. Is there a way to upgrade to version 7, instead of 8?

I also just purchased a 4s. It is being shipped with iOS 6. Is there a way to upgrade to version 7, instead of 8?
I'm afraid that you can't upgrade to intermediate iOS versions. The only upgrade possible for your iPhone 4S is the latest iOS version, iOS 8.1.2.

Thanks for your reply. Any recommendations as to leaving it on 6 or making the jump to 8?

A lot of apps now require iOS 7 or 8 to function. If you use or need apps that require an updated iOS, you'll have to update. If you're happy with the iOS version currently on your iPhone, you're free to stay where you are. As always, the choice is yours.

While most users are happy with iOS 8 on the iPhone 4s, a few users report having problems. If you do decide to upgrade, you should do it by connecting your iPhone to iTunes on your computer since you'll be updating through two full iOS versions.

Will see what apps I need that won't function on 6. Thanks for th tip to update on iTunes.

It was shipped with iOS 8.01. Update rover the air to 8.1.2. and seems to be good. No freezes yet. I don't have anything to compare speed with so don't know what a lower version would have been like. I just know that the battery life is not good compared with my Android devices on the past. Is there a way to find out if the battery is just used up, or if it is just normal for an iPhone 4s to use up the battery fast. I have watched all the videos, and turned off a lot of apps, notifications, etc. Now I know why I need to cary an aux power supply in my bag. Any battery health apps that tells you the health of the battery, not just how much percentage is left?

pretty normal to have to charge it alot . my iphone is 2 years old , it was a new phone when i got it . i find myself charging it daily . using Bluetooth will run it down fast ,surfing the net ,same thing . on standby it does fine . i just charge it as often as needed and dont worry about it .
one thing i have heard and i dont know how true it is but i have tried it ,is to run it down to 20 percent ,then fully charge it ,once fully charged do a hard reboot(hold power button on and home button same time ) supposedly this helps with battery life .keeps it from getting memory effect or something . just some stuff i heard on the radio one day from a guy .
anyway yeah ,these iphones need to be charged alot .thats why they sell battery cases for them

My last iphone before this was a 3gs and after that I've been rocking android nexus devices and really enjoyed them, but wanted to give iphone another try so I just ordered a 4s online couple days ago and it should come by saturday.

how are you guys liking your 4s? I'm glad to see people still use them, lot of people were saying "oh those are obsolete now" but I got mine for a great price so didn't want to pass it up. I know its quite old but I really love the design, look and feel of the 4s. Feels like a solid phone, and it's the last one made by steve jobs so thats a plus to some people.

My dad has a 5s and honestly it feels rather thin, light and plasticy cheap imo. I hear apple spends less money on build quality after the 4s and tries to market it as lighter? but idk how true that is.
Welcome to the 4s club. :) Enjoy your new iPhone 4s. :D

pretty normal to have to charge it alot . my iphone is 2 years old , it was a new phone when i got it . i find myself charging it daily . using Bluetooth will run it down fast ,surfing the net ,same thing . on standby it does fine . i just charge it as often as needed and dont worry about it .
one thing i have heard and i dont know how true it is but i have tried it ,is to run it down to 20 percent ,then fully charge it ,once fully charged do a hard reboot(hold power button on and home button same time ) supposedly this helps with battery life .keeps it from getting memory effect or something . just some stuff i heard on the radio one day from a guy .
anyway yeah ,these iphones need to be charged alot .thats why they sell battery cases for them
I'm still on my iP 5. It was one of the last produced. Bought it in August 2013. I've been a heavy (timewise) user. I'm on it non stop. I see a big difference in a charge. I hope to hang on for the 6s Plus.

Sent from CrapaTalk on my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.