What's new

Jailbreak vs Unlocking

muelgrub

Reaction score
I, like many others, am anxiously awating a jailbreak for my iPhone 5 to join my jailbroken iPad 2. Since this is my first iPhone (having just switched from Andorid) am I correct in assuming that a jailbreak of the phone is NOT the same as unlocking the phone. I tried to get Sprint to unlock my phone so I can use it next week as I travel overseas, but they are being their usual D$%KS and won't do it.

So, once a jailbreak comes out, is the next step an unlocking utility?
thanks!!

muelgrub said:
I, like many others, am anxiously awating a jailbreak for my iPhone 5 to join my jailbroken iPad 2. Since this is my first iPhone (having just switched from Andorid) am I correct in assuming that a jailbreak of the phone is NOT the same as unlocking the phone. I tried to get Sprint to unlock my phone so I can use it next week as I travel overseas, but they are being their usual D$%KS and won't do it.

So, once a jailbreak comes out, is the next step an unlocking utility?
thanks!!

Jailbreaking and unlocking are completely separate from each other. After jailbreaking, a locked phone will still be locked.

Found a great way to download with out a jailbreak ck out the vid
Moderation notice: please refrain from posting external links!

Last edited by a moderator:
speaking about jailbreaking:

Don't have to convince me about the benefits of jailbreaking. The question is: When and how does one unlock???

Can IPHONE 5 works in India?

Moderation notice: please refrain from using bad language this is a family forum. Read the forum rules