What's new

Jailbreak Questions

Multisupermono

Reaction score
Hi, i just got an iPhone 3gs with no sim card. At first everything worked out fine, but then iTunes asked me if i would like to update my firmware, which i accepted. Then i started the i phone and it wanted to activate the firmware and since i don't have a sim card i can't. I then saw that if i jailbreak my iphone i can get passed this activation page. except my iPhone has the ios 6 on it, and there is no tutorial on how to get passed the activation page. is there ANY way i could revert the un-activated iphone to a un-activated 5.1.1 firmware? if that makes any sense. Any help is MUCH appreciated.

Try restoring it to the 5.1.1 iOS for the 3GS by downloading it (can't link external links). From what I'm told, 5.1.1 might have been discontinued already so there won't be any signing for it. If you can downgrade it, then you're good to go with Absinthe jailbreak. Otherwise, you'll have to wait for a iOS 6 jailbreak which is expected by Christmas if not Thanksgiving.

Try restoring it to the 5.1.1 iOS for the 3GS by downloading it (can't link external links). From what I'm told, 5.1.1 might have been discontinued already so there won't be any signing for it. If you can downgrade it, then you're good to go with Absinthe jailbreak. Otherwise, you'll have to wait for a iOS 6 jailbreak which is expected by Christmas if not Thanksgiving.
I do believe on the Wikipedia page about ios versions it says that the 5.1.1 is discontinued. So how might i restore my iPhone back to 5.1.1?