What's new

JailBreak Iphone 8 Plus

jo15765

Reaction score
I am new to the iphone scene but have "rooted/unlocked" multiple Android devices.

I was looking for a "For Noobs" guide on how to jailbreak the Iphone 8 Plus.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

Welcome to iPhone Forums!

Whether or not it’s possible to jailbreak your device, depends on the software version installed on it. If it’s iOS 12 or later, you can’t jailbreak it, and it’s also not possible to downgrade to a iOS version prior to 12 - Apple doesn’t sign those any more.

There are a few versions before iOS 12 that can be jailbroken. Here’s a tutorial for jailbreaking with Electra:
How To Jailbreak iOS 11.3.1 Using Electra On Any iPhone, iPad Or iPod touch [Tutorial]

Hope that helps.

Welcome to iPhone Forums!

Whether or not it’s possible to jailbreak your device, depends on the software version installed on it. If it’s iOS 12 or later, you can’t jailbreak it, and it’s also not possible to downgrade to a iOS version prior to 12 - Apple doesn’t sign those any more.

There are a few versions before iOS 12 that can be jailbroken. Here’s a tutorial for jailbreaking with Electra:
How To Jailbreak iOS 11.3.1 Using Electra On Any iPhone, iPad Or iPod touch [Tutorial]

Hope that helps.

UGH - I am on 12.01 -> are there any devs working on a way to jailbreak versions > 12?

Yes, they are. There’s no jailbreak for iOS 12 available, though, and nobody knows if or when a jailbreak can or will be released to the public.