What's new

Jailbreak form ios 6.1 to ios 7.0.6

Joliange

Reaction score
Hi
I'm trying today to upgrade my iphone 5 to ios 7.0.6 because i'm right now on the ios 6.1. I was trying to upload manually an ios file .ipsw on itunes but it always says an error message like this iphone can't be upgraded because it's not compatible with this version. Can someone help me please? Thanks

Hi I'm trying today to upgrade my iphone 5 to ios 7.0.6 because i'm right now on the ios 6.1. I was trying to upload manually an ios file .ipsw on itunes but it always says an error message like this iphone can't be upgraded because it's not compatible with this version. Can someone help me please? Thanks
I'm afraid that Apple is no longer signing iOS 7.0.6. The only iOS version you can upgrade to is iOS 7.1.

You are getting the error message when trying to upgrade to iOS 7.0.6 because part of the upgrade procedure is. Verification by Apple. Since they're not signing iOS 7.0.6, you don't get the verification and the iOS 7.0.6 upgrade will not install.

Last edited:
Thanks it's ok i'll can't do it bit can i rejailbreak my iphone 5 because it' s always bugging and if yes how can i do it?

Thanks it's ok i'll can't do it bit can i rejailbreak my iphone 5 because it' s always bugging and if yes how can i do it?

Run either ILEX RAT or Semi-Restore as pointed out here. Make sure to perform a backup prior to using.

i instal ilex rat everythings was going great but when the iphone reboot like it was a new iphone i saw on my springboard some icons of tweaks I had and some other tweaks were always there like unfold (this one don't have an icon) and they work... So i would like to erase them all by cydia but there don't appear...How could I do a full clean up again?

Last edited:
Run icleaner. Or run 'uicache' in MobileTerminal without the apostrophe.

Sent from my iPad using Tapa

Thanks I run icleaner. But Do you know approximatly how much space (Go) that it suppose to be when you have a new iphone witout nothing on it inspite of cydia? Example I have an iphone 5 64Go and it show me that capacity is 57.3 Go and available 56.4Go is it normal because I want to be sure that nothing else stays on cydia...

Thanks I run icleaner. But Do you know approximatly how much space (Go) that it suppose to be when you have a new iphone witout nothing on it inspite of cydia? Example I have an iphone 5 64Go and it show me that capacity is 57.3 Go and available 56.4Go is it normal because I want to be sure that nothing else stays on cydia...

It's normal. When it comes to storage in general, from the advertised amount, you'll always lose about a decent chunk of the storage because manufacturers will advertise it as 1GB = 1,000,000 KB, meaning 1 GB = 1,000 MB, or at a ratio of 1:1000. Truthfully, it's supposed to be 1 MB = 1,024 KB, which means 1,024,000 per 1 GB, so that 24,000 KB difference per 1 GB is what you're seeing. 64 * 24,000 KB results in 1,536,000 KB that was "under-accounted" for, so that's 64 - 1.5 = 6.25 and then some, so we'll round that down to 6.2 to account for it all. Then there's the OS partition, which is usually about 4GB that's partitioned out of the device, so we're down to 58GB give or take 1 GB, which nets you about 57GB.

Thanks again for the great explanation. But after I performed the ilex rat and i cleaner is it normal that all my contact, my calendar and my safari bookmark are still there even if when I'll connect to itunes for the first time i'll make a new iphone and not retore my save? I'm not quite sure everything was erase...

Last edited:
Thanks again for the great explanation. But after I performed the ilex rat and i cleaner is it normal that all my contact and my calendar are still there even if when I'll connect to itunes for the first time i'll make a new iphone and not retore my save?

It depends on what option you've chosen, and which version of ILEX RAT you're using. In the past, I've had times where my contacts are still there and times where they haven't. Also, if you have contacts and calendar sync through an email service, that may also be the reason why.

i had a tweak that I were unable to uninstall even if i do an ilex rat and an icleaner procedure. I finally found an operatio to do it manually by using ifile. I go to Library/mobile sustrate/dynamiclibraries/ and then selected the .dylib and .plist. It was strange because i didn't find my tweak but I found older tweak that were there before I clean my iphone...So is there an other place to check if all my tweaks are gone forever and also is there an other way to uninstall my problem tweaks that is on my homescreen and don't want to disappear?

It depends on what the tweaks are. ILEX RAT does not remove all tweaks or changes that are done to the core file system.

Sent from my iPhone via Tapatalk Pro

That a bit tricky for me! Do you know the place where all the cydia tweaks are installed that I could verify in ifile?

After using ILEX RAT it's tricky. Try running SemiRestore. You'll need to install OpenSSH first before running it

Sent from my iPhone via Tapatalk Pro

I would like to use semi-restore but the problem is only on pc and I have a mac! Thank you for answering all my newbie question but I think I'll go on with my iphone like that and reinstall all my tweaks. Thanks again