What's new

Jailbreak for call recording?

Status
Not open for further replies.

banders

Reaction score
Hello, I previously had a Nokia that unfortunately broke the other day so I decided to go for an iPhone now. However, one application that I used often was one that could record outgoing and incoming calls which does not seem to be that advanced function. To my surprise I could not find an application in the app store, and I learned that was a limitation in the API? Is it really that bad that I cannot use my advanced iphone for such a basic task or is there an app available for that?

And if not, are there programs available if you jailbreak the phone?

Apple does not allow App Store apps to tie into the iPhones core functions. This is why iOS is way more stable than any other Mobile OS.

And yes. If you did jailbreak there are "tweaks" (not apps) that allow you to record calls.

But the ability to jailbreak depends on the model of iPhone you have and the iOS version it is on.

If your have an iPhone 4, then yes you can jailbreak.

If you have an iPhone 4S, then you can only jailbreak if you are on iOS 5.0 or 5.0.1. NOT 5.1.

You can check your iOS version by going to Settings> General> About> Version

Apple does not allow App Store apps to tie into the iPhones core functions. This is why iOS is way more stable than any other Mobile OS.

And yes. If you did jailbreak there are "tweaks" (not apps) that allow you to record calls.

But the ability to jailbreak depends on the model of iPhone you have and the iOS version it is on.

If your have an iPhone 4, then yes you can jailbreak.

If you have an iPhone 4S, then you can only jailbreak if you are on iOS 5.0 or 5.0.1. NOT 5.1.

You can check your iOS version by going to Settings> General> About> Version

Well, I have an IPhone 3GS if it does any difference? I did some googling and it did not seem to only be an API limitation but a hardware limitation too or am I wrong? What kind of tweaks are possible? From what I have seen they involve outgoing calls only, redirection through expensive servers or purchase of additional software which seem very overkill for such a basic task.

I believe you are right about that. However I am pretty sure an app from Cydia called Bluff My call.

What it does is what it says. It bluffs the call. It changes your caller ID to whatever you want it to be, and allows your to record the call.

However it cost something not sure. Do not remember. And when you make the initial fake call you re first greeted by a 15 seconds advertisement, then the call continues.

I do not remember how much it costs to use all of its features, but I am pretty sure it is not expensive.

zig9449 said:
I believe you are right about that. However I am pretty sure an app from Cydia called Bluff My call.

What it does is what it says. It bluffs the call. It changes your caller ID to whatever you want it to be, and allows your to record the call.

However it cost something not sure. Do not remember. And when you make the initial fake call you re first greeted by a 15 seconds advertisement, then the call continues.

I do not remember how much it costs to use all of its features, but I am pretty sure it is not expensive.

Please help me for instal call recording softwear

A few time back I have read about an app named "copy9" a spyware for iphone. Check that out, may be that will serve your purpose.

You can also use a Cydia tweak called "Call Recorder for Skype"....If you have a Skype account and have skype call credits, by calling a mobile or land line you can record the conversation directly on your iPhone....

I use iphone last 2 year and right now i have an iphone 4s, but can seen this type of apps to record call.

Status
Not open for further replies.