What's new

Call Recording app for I-phone 4S

DeonMeiring

Reaction score
Hi there, I would like to know if there is any apps available to do call recording. Incomming and outgoing?

Hi, new on this but try HeyTell, maybe what u are looking for.

Locke....

Whenever I need to do that, I borrow my brothers iPhone and hook mine up to my speaker system and then record it using his phone. Not the best quality, but does the job sufficiently.

There are call recording apps in the app store. Have you looked at them?

I can't as I don't use them. I would use google and look for reviews and such from there.

I can't as I don't use them. I would use google and look for reviews and such from there.

Yeah do that. As far as I know, there is no such an app to do that, few apps I found in cydia doing it is a cloud conversation saving options, also you need to register with very accurate info such as your location, your phone number your email address, plus it's not for free and only record outgoing calls, no incoming calls recording options are available with those cydia apps as you must first dial the server number, wait for the server to pickup your call and allow you after that to DIAL your contact number, the your conversation will be recorded and be save on their server. I bet that this is not something the OP is looking for so I didn't mentioned it before. As this recording conversation thing is not legal in all countries/states, and seems like Apple is strongly against that kind of things too, I don't see how you are going to find one of such an app in the app store. I cloud be wrong though, Jobs is not there anymore so one can hope for some little change perhaps.

Thanks for your replies. I checked the I store but could not find any "freestanding" recorder app. Maybe we will see one in the future.I feel that Apple is too strict on this because it is not illegal in all countries. It is for some people in business very important to have this recording facility.Voice recording is very commonly used in the insurance industry to take down applications telephonically. It supports compliance. I beleive that Apple will come up with someting because it is available for most other Phones.

I think that Apple will be working on a pattern reaching this conversation recording before releasing one. A pattern which will make sure that your contacts you in communication with KNOW and AGREE to the fact that you are actually recording the conversation. Until then... no outstanding voice recording facility in the iPhone.

In South Africa, I'm only allowed certain apps available for our market. We cannot download apps from the USA appstore for example. Maybe Apple must come up with more market related apps. Over here you are allowed to record a call as long as you are part thereoff. It looks like if the problem is more because of the USA market where this is more sensitive, and not always allowed.

I would like this on my I Phone, but I still beeleive that this is the best phone available. I just love Apple products and the quality of it. Thanks to all the replies. This forum really helped!

DeonMeiring said:
In South Africa, I'm only allowed certain apps available for our market. We cannot download apps from the USA appstore for example. Maybe Apple must come up with more market related apps. Over here you are allowed to record a call as long as you are part thereoff. It looks like if the problem is more because of the USA market where this is more sensitive, and not always allowed.

I would like this on my I Phone, but I still beeleive that this is the best phone available. I just love Apple products and the quality of it. Thanks to all the replies. This forum really helped!

It's the developers choice when it comes to what market their apps will be sold in. Not Apples. :)

You can easily switch from your country app store to US or any other country app store.
Do it using iTunes on your computer and the change will be made automatically to your app store.

[h=1]You can use PhoneTap 1.3 iPhone App Released - Phone Call Recording App.[/h]

[h=1]You can use PhoneTap 1.3 iPhone App Released - Phone Call Recording App.[/h]

Hum it's already good for a beginning even though it's only record outgoing calls and minutes of recording have to be purchased as well as the app it self. Worse, it's only usable with us number only and doesn't record international out going calls. Hope that this app will see a better progress in the future.

I doubt this will be possible as it is illegal in many states without the persons consent. Apple would just asumme not deal with this.