What's new

Jailbreak and tether an iPhone 4S

rockbridgeray

Reaction score
I am looking to jailbreak a new iPhone 4s and enable it too tether for internet connection for my computer. There seem to be a lot of choices out there. Some of them more or less complicated. Any recommendations on what the more reliable and commonly used methods are?

rockbridgeray said:
I am looking to jailbreak a new iPhone 4s and enable it too tether for internet connection for my computer. There seem to be a lot of choices out there. Some of them more or less complicated. Any recommendations on what the more reliable and commonly used methods are?

Out of luck for a while yet on jailbreak for a 4s Nearly ready for release i am told Search button is your friend☺

Did you ever find this? Pretty much why I did the jailbreak -- Absinthe. Not sure yet if it flew. Currently getting "Cannot find package" errors, but the doc said wait, so I'm waiting.

I have done 2 iphone 4s with success using Absinthe. Its actually pretty much easier than the rest since you dont have to put into DFU mode. Just make sure your connected to wifi

Yah, this seems to have worked fine. Now I'm waiting for a PayPal transaction to go through for TetherMe -- forgot to fund the PayPal account before ordering. One thing about Android -- all kinds of free apps floating around. All the iPhone stuff is nickel and diming me to death. On the other hand, I paid $10 for EasyTether. TetherMe seems to be the favored tethering app for iPhone. We'll see.

I can't seem to get the tether fixed on my 4 s. it tethers but doesn't send data

I have been using tetherme for the past few months and received the text today from AT&T saying that if I don't stop tethering, I would be placed automatically on the 5GB plan which includes tethering. :(

I have been using tetherme for the past few months and received the text today from AT&T saying that if I don't stop tethering, I would be placed automatically on the 5GB plan which includes tethering. :(
Not that we don't believe what you're saying... only, we have numerous members that use TetherMe on a very regular basis and have never reported receiving such a text from their carrier. Can we see a screen shot of this text please?

How do I do a screen shot and I'll post it? Thanks

Quickly press the sleep and home button simultaneously. You'll see the screen flash, and hear a shutter sound when it works.

$image-4006317868.jpg mmmmm

Attachments

• $image-3410199449.jpg
    $image-3410199449.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 359
smooth65 said:
Ok thanks got it. Now how do I post a screen shot here?

I personally upload the image to Dropbox then copy the public link and place it between
. I do it this way because there is no size restriction. Using the app to do gives you a size limit.

But when you go to post something there is a plus sign on top where the send button is.

That is if your using the iPhoneForums app.

In Tapatalk, just tap the gray bar above he keyboard.