What's new

Itunes on iphone 4

christa7766

Reaction score
This inquiry is related to the iTunes app using an iPhone 4. I never used to have an issue sampling songs in the iTunes Store. But in the past year or so, when I tap a song to listen to it before I decide to purchase, it takes forevvvverrrrr to load. Like, an unreasonable amount of time. Then when it finally starts playing, it pauses constantly or just freezes, driving me to the brink of insanity. Why oh why is it doing this. I make sure that I have all other apps closed so that they are not draining the power. A similar thing happens to me when trying to watch videos on YouTube or Vimeo. This is a Verizon phone, by the way.

Last edited:
This inquiry is related to the iTunes app using an iPhone 4. I never used to have an issue sampling songs in the iTunes Store. But in the past year or so, when I tap a song to listen to it before I decide to purchase, it takes forevvvverrrrr to load. Like, an unreasonable amount of time. Then when it finally starts playing, it pauses constantly or just freezes, driving me to the brink of insanity. Why oh why is it doing this. I make sure that I have all other apps closed so that they are not draining the power. A similar thing happens to me when trying to watch videos on YouTube or Vimeo. This is a Verizon phone, by the way.

What kind of signal strength are you getting? Are you on WiFi or cellular? Your problem sounds like you don't have sufficient bandwidth in your Internet connection to do what you want.

What kind of signal strength are you getting? Are you on WiFi or cellular? Your problem sounds like you don't have sufficient bandwidth in your Internet connection to do what you want.

I'm not using wifi, just cellular. This will sound like a silly question, but is the amount of band width I'm receiving indicated by the # of bars in the upper left corner of my screen? I usually don't pay much attn to those bars. And if band width is the issue, what can I do to resolve?

I'm not using wifi, just cellular. This will sound like a silly question, but is the amount of band width I'm receiving indicated by the # of bars in the upper left corner of my screen? I usually don't pay much attn to those bars. And if band width is the issue, what can I do to resolve?

The bars indicate signal strength. With a lower strength cellular signal you would experience the problems you're having. A cellular signal booster may help you at home.