What's new

iTunes Match doesn't work on my 5s

priester68

Reaction score
Can't get iTunes Match to work on my 5s unless I'm on wifi. Very frustrating. Try to play music while running and it just keeps trying to load the song and then after a few minutes of this, it skips to the next song and does it again. I've tried signing in /out of itunes, icloud, and turning Match on and off. Any suggestions?

Itunes Match is really for synching, it doesn't stream the way Google does. It may be that your Itunes Match is working right but you are not fininshing the download process. I found this on a Google search and maybe it will help you:

1. Make sure the device you want to download the song to meets the requirements for iTunes Match.
  2. Sign into the iTunes account that you used to set up iTunes Match.
  3. iTunes will update the library on the device to show all the music you've uploaded to the iCloud account associated with that iTunes account/Apple ID. How long this takes will depend on how many songs iTunes needs to display. Expect to wait at least a few minutes.
  4. When iTunes shows all the music in your iCloud account, nearly all songs will have an icon of some kind next to them (the songs that don't have an icon next to them are already downloaded to the device you're using).
  5. Look for the icon that looks like a cloud with a downward-facing arrow in it (you'll see this in virtually any iTunes view, including Songs, Albums, Artists, and Genres). Click that button to download the song from iTunes Match to your device.

Downloading Multiple Songs from iTunes Match
The process just described for downloading from iTunes Match is simple and quick for a song here or there, but what if you've got dozens or hundreds--or more!--songs that you want to download? Clicking each one would take forever. Luckily, you don't have to.
If you want to download multiple songs, follow the first three steps above. When the songs appear with the iCloud icon next to them, select all the songs (not the iTunes Match button; just single click on a song) you want to download with a single click. To select a contiguous group of songs, click the song at the beginning of the group you want to download, hold down Shift, and then click the last one. This will select all the songs. To select non-contiguous songs, hold down Command on a Mac or Control on a PC and click all the songs you want.
With all the songs you want to download selected, right click on the selection and click Download from the pop-up menu.

Last edited: