What's new

iTunes could not restore the iPhone "My iPhone" because not enough free space is avai

Raven2490

Reaction score
Ive tried 2 different back ups and cannot restore. Keep getting that same massage. On 4S 32 gb. On itunes it shows 1.44 gb free.

Ive tried 2 different back ups and cannot restore. Keep getting that same massage. On 4S 32 gb. On itunes it shows 1.44 gb free.
You're going to have to delete enough from your iPhone to free up the necessary storage space.

Thanks for reply n info,scifan57. Will I recover what I delete on the restore? Y did this happen? Never happened b4. Thanks again :)

Thanks for reply n info,scifan57. Will I recover what I delete on the restore? Y did this happen? Never happened b4. Thanks again :)
not unless it's backed up somewhere else. The best candidates for deletion are iTunes downloads, such as movies, TV shows, and music. These can all be recovered from your iTunes purchased history.

Thanks. I guess im just scared that the back up is corrupted or something and it won't restore.

Ive deleted all pics from phone and thers over 12 gb free and it still same message :(

I just went with the factory restore. That worked. Was able to use good backup. Thanks for the replies n help :)