What's new

iTouch => iPhone Wifi Codes

YBthebest

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've got an iTouch 3 since a few years. I'm gonna buy an iPhone 4 or 4S this week. I wanted to know..I've been using A LOT my iTouch for the last 2 years, and I've got lots of Wifi Codes that are saved in my iTouch. I wanted to know if I could possibly transfer those, and all my other settings, Safari, history, etc. to my new iPhone?

these are the instructions to go from iphone to iphone and i dont see why i wouldnt work to go from a touch to an iphone.....

iPhone: Transferring information from your current iPhone to a new iPhone

To transfer information from your current iPhone to a new iPhone, follow these steps:
  1. Make sure you have the latest version of iTunes and iOS. Download the latest version of iTunes and remember to install it after you download it.
  2. Connect your current iPhone to iTunes and sync it. Verify that your original iPhone is backed up. For more information on how to do this, see iPhone: About backups.
  3. Connect your new iPhone to iTunes (on the same computer you used to back up your current iPhone).
  4. iTunes will ask you if you want to restore from a backup or set up your new iPhone as a new phone. When prompted, select the backup of your current iPhone. If iTunes does not prompt you to select a backup to restore when you connect your new iPhone, use iTunes to restore iOS on your new iPhone and try this step again.
    Note: During the process of restoring your old backup to a new iPhone, you may see the iTunes progress bar pause. If this occurs, please allow for additional time for the upgrade to complete.
  5. After iTunes finishes restoring the backup you selected to your new iPhone, the iPhone will restart.
  6. When your new iPhone appears again in the iTunes window, select it.
  7. Click the tabs (Music, Photos, and so on) and verify or change the items you want to sync.
  8. Click Apply to sync your new iPhone with iTunes.
  9. Verify that your saved SMS messages, email accounts, passwords, photos, notes, and other personal settings are present on your new iPhone. Note that you will be required to enter your email account and voicemail passwords again. If you do not remember your voicemail password, you can reset it.
    Note: If saved SMS messages, email accounts, photos, notes, or other personal settings are not present on your new iPhone, then restore-from-backup may not have been successful. In that case, verify your current iPhone is properly backed up (see step 2), then use iTunes to restore iOS on your new iPhone and continue following these instructions at step 4.

Thank you very much about this!

So, you're sure this also includes the wifi codes and stuff?
Thank you :)

im not 100% sure in step 9 it mentions passwords.. i dont know if thats website passwords or access point passwords.

i guess there is only one way to find out.

Yeah, only one!

I'll try it out once I've got my iPhone, and I'll tell you!

Thanks!