What's new

Jailbreaking help for Iphone 4

Brissybhoy

Reaction score
Hi guys, first post so go easy on me! I know there are other threads on various JB methods and instructions but my query is about a couple of things:

1) If I JB my phone does this mean that the network provider cannot stop me from using it with an different network(I have heard that they can effectively brick your phone and leave u stuck with simply a fatter itouch!
2) Does the Iphone 4 JB make it run a lot slower? I have read various different reviews, I am using ios5
3) I am a bit of a useless chap with technology so is it relatively easy to do this for someone as technically challenged as me?
4) Would you absolutely recommend JB my phone?

Sorry if the questions come across as being a bit silly and possibly repeated, will not post such again I promise

1. Jailbreaking(basically) only allows you to install 3rd party apps, it has nothing to do with your carrier.

2. I have a jailbroken iPhone 4 running iOS 5. It isn't slower than stock, imo.

3. It's fairly easy, I used Redsn0w. If you are using a carrier besides the original one, you might need to preserve your BaseBand with Sn0wbreeze.

4: If I didn't have to use a Gevey sim, I wouldn't have jailbroken my iPhone. Some people like the themes, ringtones, and apps. I only use one, AdBlocker.

Jailbreaking doesn't 'brick' your phone. There's a one in a million chance of that happening. However, if something foes go funky it can be fixed with a simple restore in iTunes.

Brissybhoy said:
Hi guys, first post so go easy on me! I know there are other threads on various JB methods and instructions but my query is about a couple of things:

1) If I JB my phone does this mean that the network provider cannot stop me from using it with an different network(I have heard that they can effectively brick your phone and leave u stuck with simply a fatter itouch!
2) Does the Iphone 4 JB make it run a lot slower? I have read various different reviews, I am using ios5
3) I am a bit of a useless chap with technology so is it relatively easy to do this for someone as technically challenged as me?
4) Would you absolutely recommend JB my phone?

Sorry if the questions come across as being a bit silly and possibly repeated, will not post such again I promise

Hi.

Jailbreaking is a choice not a necessity. There are detailed guides. What you are referring to as in terms of using with other providers is called UNLOCKING not jailbreaking and it is dependent on your baseband.

Give us some more info on your baseband (settings-general-about-modem firmware) and i will tell you if it can be done