What's new

Issues getting into wifi setting after 6.1

mach1man

Reaction score
I'm having an issue with getting into the wifi setting after 6.1. I'm connected to wifi then I'll put the phone to sleep. When I wake it up it loses wifi and when I go into the setting it freezes. I can get out of the settings freeze by hitting the home button but to access the setting to turn wifi off I have to power off the device. Anyone else with these issues.

Double tap your home button to see the active applications in a little "dock". Hold on any one of them until they jiggle. Tap the little " - " on the top left. Then tap on the home button or above the dock to close out the little "process" viewer

I've done that and it still doesn't work. I have to shut it down. It just seems like these phones have problems connecting and maintaining wifi signals.

I've read about wi-fi issues connected with the 6.1 upgrade, but don't have any definitive details. I'm wondering whether you did the upgrade from the Cloud or from iTunes (the entire 1GB download).

mach1man said:
I've done that and it still doesn't work. I have to shut it down. It just seems like these phones have problems connecting and maintaining wifi signals.

Try resetting network connections and trying again after restart. You may have to put your password in.

If it only happens on your home network, try resetting your router as well. Turn wifi off on your phone, reset router and then turn wifi back on once it boots back up.

Obviously if you notice you do not lose Internet anywhere else when you lose on your phone...or if it happens on other routers this will not matter.

I downloaded 6.1 through iTunes. And it happens at work and home.

Hmmm...in the android world I would say do a battery pull...lol. However...a trip to the apple store may be in order. Their online chat is pretty good to diagnose any issues. Good luck! :)

Is there a way I can do a fresh re-install? And how would I do that

I would also recommend a restore, or goto: settings- general- reset- and settings. To see if that helps, however it will change all your settings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am having this same problem as we speak. I have the iPhone 4, and I downloaded the 6.1 update straight from iCloud. I sure would like to know what the problem is. I try rebooting it after cleaning out cookies..etc. it's very frustrating because I wind up switching to cellular data just to be able to do stuff I the phone. Any ideas, or help?

I have yet to find a fix. So for now I just keep switching between cell data and wifi. But this has caused me to over shoot my 2GB plan by a lot. Lol. Oh well

Well, I have come to report that the latest update has corrected the problem, & I am no longer having this problem