What's new

Is there a Windows Media Player compatible app?

jlpirozzi

Reaction score
My son listens to supercross races on his phone. He currently has a Windows OS on his phone. He wants to switch to the iphone. Is there an app that will allow windows media player to work on the phone? As far as we know, Supercrosslive only plays on windows media player.

Is it an internet radio station that the races are broadcast from?
If so, try Livio Radio. There is a lite version that's free but if the station is one of the more obscure ones you may need to upgrade to the full version.

It is not a radio station. It is a live broadcast Internet streaming which requires Windows Media player. You type in a URL and then it begins an audio-only stream. I don't know how else to explain it.

It is not a radio station. It is a live broadcast Internet streaming which requires Windows Media player. You type in a URL and then it begins an audio-only stream. I don't know how else to explain it.

As hetty85 said try livio radio from the app store. It plays most all URL feeds and plays in the background. It's a really well designed app. If you want pm me the URL and I'll make sure it will play it before you buy.

I will keep this post until supercross season starts in January. We cannot test it until then because there is nothing in the archives to listen to. But thanks. It would be really cool if it worked. When we do the test, I will give you my username and password and the URL as you have to pay to use it. You have to promise not to use my login to watch it yourself, though, because they do have a control that will not allow you to logon from 2 different computers at the same time :). Thanks again. janet

Well hopefully you can test it yourself with the free app. Some of the less popular ones you havetoo purchase the full app (2.99). I'm not sure how it or any app will handle a URL that has a login... It may be too complicated for the app..

That has been the problem. Maybe this year they will support some other players. My son keeps his MS OS phone just so he can listen to the race.