What's new

Is there a way to export iTunes movies from iPhone for Homesharing?

dandgage

Reaction score
Hello, I have movies/TV shows that I downloaded on my iPhone, is there a way to export them to my PC to have for Homesharing without having to re-download them? Trying to stay under my ISP's data cap. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can air play them from your iPhone if you have an Apple TV with no data charges
Thank you, I do currently do that as well, I was just thinking about saving space on my phone. If I downloaded something I watch frequently and didn't want to re-download again on my PC

You can use this free utility from EaseUS called MobiMover:
[FREEWARE]Free iPhone Transfer Software|Transfer Data from iOS Devices to Windows and Mac Computer - EaseUS MobiMover Free
Connect your phone to your computer with a USB cable. Run MobiMover and choose "Transfer to Computer" > deselect the "Select all" checkmark > select "Photo Video(x)" > browse to the folder where you want the videos transferred > click on "Transfer".

It's possible that when you first run the utility you may encounter an error that says:
“iTunes is needed to transfer data effectively. To download and install now, please click here.”
If you already have iTunes installed, reinstall iTunes from the following link and try again:
https://www.apple.com/itunes/download/win64

When syncing your iPhone with iTunes on your PC you can elect to transfer purchases to iTunes on your computer. This will copy the movies to your computer without using any data. After the sync is complete you can uncheck the movies in question and this will remove them from your iPhone but leave them on your computer, where they will be available for Home Sharing. Sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod using iTunes on your computer

Last edited: