What's new

Is it just me or is the 5.0.1 JB real sluggish

Where is SI Underclock accessed from within WinterBoard?

pianoman said:
Where is SI Underclock accessed from within WinterBoard?

It has to be installed.

I downloaded mine for my computer. it's not in default repos.

I can zip the file and email it to you..
Then when you get the email (on your device)...open it in iFile...then unzip it...then copy and paste it into /var/stash/themes.

Then activate it in WinterBoard.

InkedAdrenaline said:
What's underclock used for?

Underclocking the animation. Like t slows it down a little bit....you can't really notice the animation is actually slowed down,but it is.

Seems to help make animations smoother while increasing battery life "slightly".

Ahhh ok. So whats the difference in just using the SI tweak and going in the negative numbers instead of positive.

Last edited:
InkedAdrenaline said:
Ahhh ok. So whats the difference in just using the SI tweak and going in the negative numbers instead of positive.

Well...it's very simple..the positive numbers speed up the animations..making your phone to appear it is running really fast...it gets ridiculously fast...like it can get to the point where it just looks awkward...

The negative numbers slow down the animation...and can make it painfully slow...tho doing this allows you to really see every single step of the animation..it's pretty cool looking but just not practical.

Using the overclocking tweaks actually made me realize that Apple really did apply the *perfect* animation speed..they really did.

But since I have a ridiculously large amount of tweaks installed...I use the WinterBoard addon the undeclocks...which barely slows down animations, and makes my device look really smooth...

The overclocking addon also makes the phone look really smooth too...just drains the battery a little more. What it does is make your phone operate is if it was plugged in,..and when you actually do plug your phone in...the animations are so flawless it's amazing looking...but as I said...will drain the battery a little faster.

Ok I guess I'm a little confused because it sounds like if you were using overclock it would be the same as using the SI tweak at say +3. And if you wanted underclock you could just use SI -3.

Just sounds like kind of the same program just applied differently.

InkedAdrenaline said:
Ok I guess I'm a little confused because it sounds like if you were using overclock it would be the same as using the SI tweak at say +3. And if you wanted underclock you could just use SI -3.

Just sounds like kind of the same program just applied differently.

Nope. Not the same at all. Would just have to see yourself.

The UnderClock is like right between default and the next setting down..and the Overclock is like right between the default and next setting up.

The animation settings aren't fine enough in the speed settings..it goes like 1.1, .1.2, 1.3

When it should be 1.1, 1.01, 1.02, 1.03 or at least 1.1, 1.02,1.04, 1.06...or something like that...the difference is too big between the settings...so you cannot find a happy medium IMO.

Technically that isn't 100% correct InkedAdrenaline. There are two ways to write animation code. The proper way and the lazy way.

The lazy way: Show the graphics in a flip page fashion without regard to frame rate, CPU clock speed or time elapsed.

The proper way: Show the graphics based on time elapsed.

So your example would only be possible under the lazy way. IE the faster the clock, the faster the animation. But since they put in an "override" to the speed, I believe it is safe to assume they did it the proper way.

i have the iphone 4 8gb ios 5.1.1 i would step by step instructions on how to jailbreak it.or info on a site to go to and buy a program? frist time iphone user

jpnj2 said:
i have the iphone 4 8gb ios 5.1.1 i would step by step instructions on how to jailbreak it.or info on a site to go to and buy a program? frist time iphone user

It's. It out yet. It will be tomorrow.

The officials site for the Absinthe 2.0 and CLI tool is here: greenpois0n.com/

And the redsn0w version will be found here : http://blog.iphone-dev.org/?07d254a0

The sites will be swamped tomorrow when it's released so you may be able to download it faster from this site or others.