What's new

ipone 4 ringtones

flowah

Reaction score
Hi, I would like to download some songs as iphone 4 ringtones, can anyone tell me how to do that? Thanks. Flo

i should make a sticky about this since its a faq..

you can select any son in itunes then right click and convert to "aac" then when converted it will be .m4a so make sure you have file extensions shown for known file types and then change the name to .m4r and if your doing it officially then make sure its under 30 seconds long and you will be able to load it in itunes and on your phone and it will be in the settings under custom_ringtones..

OR you can use the itunes app and buy ringtones you can get them around 99 cents

Not if you have the latest os for itunes and iphone, please don't give out bogus info. No ringtone folder in itunes with iphone connected for sync. It's not there.

Not if you have the latest os for itunes and iphone, please don't give out bogus info. No ringtone folder in itunes with iphone connected for sync. It's not there.

check your itunes you must be not seeing it.. because its right there. and yes i am on the latest firmware and itunes :)

ok i am not uploading m4r threw itunes, i use diskaid or ssh to do so but now on the 4.3.3 firmware tried to navigate the iphone folders for the ringtone folder didnt find it :( any idea ?

ok i am not uploading m4r threw itunes, i use diskaid or ssh to do so but now on the 4.3.3 firmware tried to navigate the iphone folders for the ringtone folder didnt find it :( any idea ?

Shh to: var/stash/ringtones.

I am using a song I took off a CD, went throught the steps and put it into iTunes. I is in my Device Music but does not go into my Device Ringtones or sync to ringtones on my iPhone4. Is there a copyright issue I am violating?

I am using a song I took off a CD, went throught the steps and put it into iTunes. I is in my Device Music but does not go into my Device Ringtones or sync to ringtones on my iPhone4. Is there a copyright issue I am violating?

Did you change the extension of the ringtone to xxxx.m4r ? How long is the trak of your ringtone? It should be < or = to 30s