What's new

iPod touch volume slider disappears

Alura

Reaction score
Hi, I have a problem. I have had my iPod touch 3rd generation for about 3-4 years now and this is the first time this has happened. My volume slider keeps disappearing and comes back but disappears again. I restarted it but it still does that. I don't know what to do. PLEASE HELP!!

Hi, welcome to iPhoneForums. I'm Jon.

Please take some time to peruse the IPF Rules
: iPhoneForums.net Forum Rules - Please Read and Respect our Rules

Here are some guides that may suit your needs.

iPhone Tips & Tricks

What is jailbreaking?

Thinking of Jailbreaking but are not sur
e

Understanding and Utilizing RedSn0w

Can I Jailbreak my iPhone on this iOS/Jailbreak Status Thread

My particular field of expertise is iOS Jailbreaking and Unlocking.

Did you do anything in particular before you noticed this happening? Like if you were jailbroken, did you install a tweak or app in particular?

No my iPod isn't jailbroken. I haven't installed any apps for months now. in the last couple of months, all I used it for was music and checking email and Facebook.

Was it recently used with a dock of some sort? Either an Apple dock or a speaker dock?

The only instance where your volume slider disappears is if your device recognizes that it's connected to a dock. My advice if you really can't use another method of toggling the volume like the volume buttons on the side, would be to restore your device and see if that works.

No it hasn't.

I cleaned the inside to see if it helps and it did. I think dirt flew in and was messing it up. Thank you for your advice though! :) If it happens again, I'll try restoring it.