What's new

iPod photo cache on iPhone

JAO

Reaction score
With the new upgrade I now have an iPod photo cache on my iPhone 4, which is the same as the photo library. I don't need duplicate photos. I'm assuming I can delete the iPod folder. Will this cause a problem? I don't have an iPod so I'm not sure why the folder was created. I read Apple's explanation but this was pre IOS5 release. Thanks.

With the new upgrade I now have an iPod photo cache on my iPhone 4, which is the same as the photo library. I don't need duplicate photos. I'm assuming I can delete the iPod folder. Will this cause a problem? I don't have an iPod so I'm not sure why the folder was created. I read Apple's explanation but this was pre IOS5 release. Thanks.

I can't tell you if I had the iPod cache before the new update or not, but I can tell you I have it now. When looking for certain pictures I came across it with essentially useless data. I also read what Apple says and decided to probably delete it. The one thing I see is that it will just create another one. I have always had a place for iPod on my macbook that had pictures in it, but figured that it was either a glitch or something else, hopefully not sinister, I haven't found it to interfere with any of my syncing of photos, importing or exporting and live by the creed, "If it isn't broke, don't fix it". Not a great answer but unless you want to possible get more problems than the iPod cache by deleting it and throwing a monkey wrench into the works, until a much more wiser person than I answers your question....When in doubt, do nothing!
Certainly doesn't seem to be hurting or interfering with anything.