What's new

iPod icon no in iOS 5

azonie

Reaction score
In ios4 you has an iPod icon, but not in upgrade to ios 5. I like that icon as it took you to all (music, podcast, video). Now you have to go to music or video icon. Not near as easy to use. What am I missing??

Dosen't seem like you're missing anything to me. Apple chose to separate the iPod functions into two different native apps in iOS 5+, "Music" & "Videos." Personally, I like the change. I don't keep movies or music videos on my phone. So there's no reson for me to even use the "Videos" app.

I'm a noob but I had a similar issue with YouTube when I upgraded to iOS 5. The icon simply went away. I restored from iCloud with no joy. Reset to factory defaults and still no joy. Someone sent me an email with a YouTube link that I watched an lo and behold my YouTube icon reappeared. I chalk it up to smoke and mirrors. I know this doesn't help you with your problem but you're not the only one seeing anomalies.......

Sent from my iPad using iPF.net

I'm a noob but I had a similar issue with YouTube when I upgraded to iOS 5. The icon simply went away. I restored from iCloud with no joy. Reset to factory defaults and still no joy. Someone sent me an email with a YouTube link that I watched an lo and behold my YouTube icon reappeared. I chalk it up to smoke and mirrors. I know this doesn't help you with your problem but you're not the only one seeing anomalies.......

Are you having an iPhone 4? Do you mean that you were seeing the YouTube app in your iPhone when you had iOS 4+ and once you've upgrade to iOS 5 the YouTube icon is gone?

bab2010 said:
Are you having an iPhone 4? Do you mean that you were seeing the YouTube app in your iPhone when you had iOS 4+ and once you've upgrade to iOS 5 the YouTube icon is gone?

Yes. But like I wrote above, when I watched a YouTube from an email link the icon "magically" reappeared.