What's new

iPhoneForums.net Site Upgrade!

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Reaction score
website-upgrade-coming.png

Greetings iPhoneForums.net fans! You might have noticed some big changes on the site. We performed a software upgrade that will ultimately prove to be awesome for everyone! The site was mostly down yesterday as we performed the quick changeover, but now everyone's favorite iPhone discussion site has a fresh coat of paint. The remodel even includes a few new fixtures and features as well!

The change isn't a dramatic one as far as functionality is concerned, although the site does have a few new capabilities. As you can see, we decided to keep a similar, yet freshened graphic design. We didn't want to change things too much, because this is your home. We had no need to tear it down and redo it from scratch.

The main advantages of this new software include some new features, better security and it is now even more mobile friendly than ever before! In the mean-time, there might be a few technical hiccups with the site as we smooth out all the kinks. Please sound off in this thread with any tech support issues or questions you might have.

We are excited by the change and are confident you guys will like it too. We also want to take this moment to express our appreciation for all of our members and staff. It's because of you that iPhoneforums.net is the best place on the web for iPhone related news, tech support and discussions!

[Update: There's one thing I forgot to mention. The old WordPress News page will be archived. If you want to access any of the articles from it, you just need to go to iphoneforums.net/news/. We have changed the current news to iphoneforums.net/iphonenews/. Please adjust your own bookmarks and favorites accordingly to get all the up-to-date iphone news. Thanks again!]

Last edited:
Neither the iPhone app nor the iPad app has worked for two days. Just a message saying "Parse Error" is all I get. Is this a part of the software upgrade? When will it be back to normal? '

Neither the iPhone app nor the iPad app has worked for two days. Just a message saying "Parse Error" is all I get. Is this a part of the software upgrade? When will it be back to normal? '

The current IPF app for ipadforums is no longer working since the new change over. iPhoneforums is also going into the same transition making the App unusable. You will need to access this forum either by the use of this website or by using the Taptalk App.

If you decide to access the website directly, you can save it to your home screen as an icon for easier access.

Skimonkey ~

Thanks so much for your reply. Not to be sarcastic, but how would I have known that if I hadn't seen the website?

I have learned as much about my iPhone 4S from app as I've learned from Apple. Read it every day.

Ps I'm your neighbor to the south - Indiana.

Thanks so much for your reply. Not to be sarcastic, but how would I have known that if I hadn't seen the website?

I have learned as much about my iPhone 4S from app as I've learned from Apple. Read it every day.

Ps I'm your neighbor to the south - Indiana.

You're absolutely right. You wouldn't have known about this change. Our staff new it was in the works and than was notified yesterday that the change was going to happen here. At iPadforums, the implementation date was mid June this year.

So glad that you found us...and a "Big Hello" to my Southern Neighbor! :)

Skimonkey ~

Is it me or did the SF disappear? Question for the mods only, btw.

The current IPF app for ipadforums is no longer working since the new change over. iPhoneforums is also going into the same transition making the App unusable. You will need to access this forum either by the use of this website or by using the Taptalk App.

If you decide to access the website directly, you can save it to your home screen as an icon for easier access.

Skimonkey ~
Are they going to fix the app or abandon it ?

At this point in time it would require a complete rewrite. We have been advised to use tapaTalk (free) or Tapatalk pro (paid) both work great. I personally have. Even using Tapatalk for more than 2 years. And find it very easy to use. Keep in mind I am also using the moderating features as well. I suggest try tapatalk and see how yu like it. It supports every forum that you can imagine. Hope that helps

I really like the iPhoneForums UPGRADE. Loooooking GOOD...SMILE