What's new

iphone4 not ringing on incoming calls or msgs

beith

Reaction score
My phone is not ringing on msgs or incoming calls , settings are not set to silent, I have tried assigning a different ringtone incase one is corrupt but none of the defaults are responding, when i receive a call.

if i go to ring tones and choose one it plays fine.
in sounds
silent is set to off
ringer alerts set to highest volume and change with button is set to ON

I have run out of ideas and it doesnt change when I re set. So the only way I know i'm getting a call is if i am holding it when the screen lights up.

yes mute switch is off so phone not muted

Did you jailbreak the phone? If yes do you have any app from Cydia which deal with profile on the phone?

Hi, I also am having a problem. My phone won't ring. I've tried everything I know. Hard reset, switching the phone off, etc. Please please help.
Alan

Alan01 said:
Hi, I also am having a problem. My phone won't ring. I've tried everything I know. Hard reset, switching the phone off, etc. Please please help.
Alan

Is volume turned up and is the silent switch up.

Check the little "Silent Switch" on the side of the phone in the upper left corner ... just above the volume up/down buttons. If you can see red, the switch has been turned on and your phone won't ring and the sound of some apps won't work either.

Steeve said:
Check the little "Silent Switch" on the side of the phone in the upper left corner ... just above the volume up/down buttons. If you can see red, the switch has been turned on and your phone won't ring and the sound of some apps won't work either.

The switch is off (red is not visible). Ringer is at Max, still no sound, what I noticed is that YouTube does not work either.

Hi, the silent switch is in the correct position, volume at max, when I receive a call, the iPhone vibrates only. Tried switching ringtone, no sound.

Main reason I'm looking into this forum thing.... My iP4 stopped ringing a few months back... sound doesn't work for games either :-/ iOs 5 upgrade didn't fix it ALL previously mentioned tips and tricks tried with the exception of JAILBREAK?(no clue what that is or how it's done) AT&T service & I have not had time to make an appointment for the ONE freaking apple store?!??

Hope someone can help me :,-\

I had the problem after only 2 weeks, I read the posts saying to be sure switch is up. The correct possition on my 4s is actually down and I had to click it up and down twice befor anything happened. after the second time an icon would flash showing a bell or a bell slashed indicating silenced. I retrided following day again no chang or icon untell second flip of switch. phone working now reset never had a effect if this does not help you your switch is damaged
. good luck