What's new

iPhone4 for Philippines

jrivera999

Reaction score
Recently visited my son in the U.S. He gave me his iPhone4 when he bought an iPhone4s. Brought the unit home to the Philippines. Problem is i cannot use it here because no one can open the line so i can avail of a local service provider. Any help?

jrivera999 said:
Recently visited my son in the U.S. He gave me his iPhone4 when he bought an iPhone4s. Brought the unit home to the Philippines. Problem is i cannot use it here because no one can open the line so i can avail of a local service provider. Any help?

Couple questions....

1. What provider was your son using it on in the US... AT&T or Verizon?
2. If AT&T.. what Badeband is it on? To find out what Baseband go to Settings>General>About> and tell us what is next to "Modem Firmware."

Provide us this info and we'll see what can be done w/ your device. Thanks!!

Piggy Backing thread!!!
I would like to take my Verizon i4s while traveling to the Philippines. I'm assuming I need the phone unlocked to use the local SIM cards i.e. Globe, Smart, etc... Correct?? If so, how to?
Thank you!!

Piggy Backing thread!!!
I would like to take my Verizon i4s while traveling to the Philippines. I'm assuming I need the phone unlocked to use the local SIM cards i.e. Globe, Smart, etc... Correct?? If so, how to?
Thank you!!

I would visit a VZW corporate store or call customer service *611 and ask them what you need. I believe you will need a plan with a carrier in the Philippines and a SIM card.

Please let us know what VZW recommends.

Dear Thomasjtsi:
Thank you for replying to my request for help on the iPhone4 which i brought to the Philippines. Per your suggestion I found the following information:
US Carrier indicated: AT&T 11.0
Modem Firmware: 04.11.08

Hope the info help.

Dear Thomasjtsi:
Thank you for replying to my request for help on the iPhone4 which i brought to the Philippines. Per your suggestion I found the following information:
US Carrier indicated: AT&T 11.0
Modem Firmware: 04.11.08

Hope the info help.

Dear Thomasjtsi:Thank you for replying to my request for help on the iPhone4 which i brought to the Philippines. Per your suggestion I found the following information:US Carrier indicated: AT&T 11.0Modem Firmware: 04.11.08Hope the info help.
Yes, that's the info we needed. Unfortunately, though, the iPhone 4 you have w/ the 4.11.08 will not work for you in the Philippines. :-( To be able to use your iDevice it would need to be unlocked via software (ultrasn0w from Cydia after Jailbreak) or via hardware (Gevey Sim imposter). Neither of these are currently compatible w/ the 4.11.08 Baseband. Your only real option is to part w/ the current iPhone 4 you have and use what you make off of it to purchase an iPhone 4 with an Unlockable baseband. If this is a possibility... let us know and we can go into more detail as far as what Basebands to look for. Sorry for the bad news... :-(

Hi I will be traveling to the philippines this month and was wondering if my iphone 4 will work
there? I am with At&t 04.12.01
Thanks and I hope you can help me.

I also will be unlocking it here from the us.

Last edited:
Hi I will be traveling to the philippines this month and was wondering if my iphone 4 will work there? I am with At&t 04.12.01
Thanks and I hope you can help me.

I also will be unlocking it here from the us.
Initially... the 4.12.01 Baseband cannot be unlocked. However, if your wireless provider will unlock it for you... it could be used overseas.