What's new

Iphone XR charging bar/power on brand new.

Kenz

Reaction score
Hi all, just made the leap from android to iphone and was really excited until I got the phone without a charger so couldnt use it, I bought a charger hoping i could actually use it and alas still nothing!! this is my second time with an iphone with my first on my SE a long time ago but I dont remember having any of this last time.

It is a brand new phone from the apple store but I cant even turn it on, when I plug it in to charge I get no charging bar at all the screen is just dead. I have tried froce restarts which didnt work and I am starting to wonder if they sold me a dud phone?

I cannot get any support from the apple techs because to get my serial i have to have my phone turned on!! can someone please help me...

J. A.

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to iPhone Forums!

If you need support for your device, you can also use the IMEI/MEID. You can find it on the SIM tray.

OP
K

Kenz

Reaction score
Ah I will check that out, is it normal to have a dead battery on a brand new phone out of the box?

Writing is so small I cant even read it =/

carolineM

Reaction score
Ah I will check that out, is it normal to have a dead battery on a brand new phone out of the box?

Writing is so small I cant even read it =/
No. Normally Apple products have a certain amount of charge in them, certainly enough to get you up and running.

OP
K

Kenz

Reaction score
No. Normally Apple products have a certain amount of charge in them, certainly enough to get you up and running.
Thats what I thought I really dont get it...im quite savvy with tech but I just dont get this at all.

Most reactions

Latest posts