What's new

Iphone XR charging bar/power on brand new.

Kenz

Reaction score
Hi all, just made the leap from android to iphone and was really excited until I got the phone without a charger so couldnt use it, I bought a charger hoping i could actually use it and alas still nothing!! this is my second time with an iphone with my first on my SE a long time ago but I dont remember having any of this last time.

It is a brand new phone from the apple store but I cant even turn it on, when I plug it in to charge I get no charging bar at all the screen is just dead. I have tried froce restarts which didnt work and I am starting to wonder if they sold me a dud phone?

I cannot get any support from the apple techs because to get my serial i have to have my phone turned on!! can someone please help me...

Welcome to iPhone Forums!

If you need support for your device, you can also use the IMEI/MEID. You can find it on the SIM tray.

Ah I will check that out, is it normal to have a dead battery on a brand new phone out of the box?

Writing is so small I cant even read it =/

Ah I will check that out, is it normal to have a dead battery on a brand new phone out of the box?

Writing is so small I cant even read it =/
No. Normally Apple products have a certain amount of charge in them, certainly enough to get you up and running.

No. Normally Apple products have a certain amount of charge in them, certainly enough to get you up and running.
Thats what I thought I really dont get it...im quite savvy with tech but I just dont get this at all.