What's new

iphone xr and hdr

cazuaga

Reaction score
hdr toggled on in camera settings…

keep normal photo toggled on…

always get only 1 picture in photos.. doesn’t show hdr in top left corner.. pressing edit shows nothing relating to the photo…

hdr toggled off so i can control it via the camera app…

keep normal photo toggled on..

i see that hdr is turned on in the camera app…

same result.. only 1 photo in photos.. doesn’t indicate that it is hdr, and pressing edit reveals nothing..

On the XR iPhone, you can manually control HDR. Go to Settings > Camera, then turn off Smart HDR. Then from the camera screen, tap HDR to turn it off or on.

On the XR iPhone, you can manually control HDR. Go to Settings > Camera, then turn off Smart HDR. Then from the camera screen, tap HDR to turn it off or on.
thank you…. yes.. i do that and get the same result.. 1 picture saved to photos.. no indication that it is HDR.. some people say it’s just not indicating that it’s an HDR photo, but I say there should be two pictures since I have “keep normal photo” toggled on…. which seems to indicate that in the least something is wrong…. thanks again….

H
thank you…. yes.. i do that and get the same result.. 1 picture saved to photos.. no indication that it is HDR.. some people say it’s just not indicating that it’s an HDR photo, but I say there should be two pictures since I have “keep normal photo” toggled on…. which seems to indicate that in the least something is wrong…. thanks again….
Have you got plenty of storage? This feature can sometimes not work if you haven’t got enough spare space.

Last edited:
oh yes.. plenty of space.. i see a good number of people having this same issue with no support whatsoever from apple.. disappointing….