What's new

iPhone X Pre-Orders Could Reach 50 Million

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
iPhone X pre orders could top 50 million.JPG

According to a new note to investors issued by KGI Securities analyst Ming-Chi Kuo today, as reported on by AppleInsider, pre-orders for Apple’s forthcoming flagship iPhone X could exceed 50 million units.

Kuo is particularly positive about the new Face ID log-in system, which he thinks will be hugely popular as it is the best experience of its type currently available on the market, by far.

However, as Kuo points out, the ground-breaking new Face ID feature is the main reason why iPhone X production is currently said to be slower than expected.

“The 3D sensing (TrueDepth camera) on iPhone X is composed of a structured-light system, time-of-flight system and a front-facing camera, which represents a far more complex structure than those of rivals,” said Kuo. “It will therefore be harder to achieve mass production.”

Kuo expects iPhone X production to start picking up steam at the end of October, ready for launch at the beginning of November. Even so, he doesn’t believe that the iPhone X availability will begin to improve until at least the first half of 2018.

Source: iPhone X preorders could top 50 million, but TrueDepth camera is bottleneck for Apple

Hi,

I saw that no sim-free option is available yet for the new Iphone X in the US. I am looking for a strategy to get the phone in November.
The forums are full of articles saying that the limited stock at launch could lead to a long waiting time and the usual 3-4 weeks delay before officializing the unlocked option may be a bad news for people in my case.
I am in the US for several months and then I will come back to France. It means that I need an unlocked GSM model. I purchased a prepaid AT&T plan which seems not to allow the purchase of an AT&T Iphone X (which could be unlocked after few weeks).
Is there any tip to know? Any advice?

Thank you in advance,
Pm

Welcome to iPhone Forums!

There’s just one strategy to get an iPhone X in November: order it as soon as it’s possible online (you’d need an US Apple ID in that case, otherwise it will be delivered to your address in France). That would be on October 27. The exact time depends on your timezone.
If you can order it online, mark the desired device as favourite before October 27. This will make the whole process faster, which means you’ll place your order a bit earlier. Every second counts.
Or wait in line on the day it’s released. That would be November 3.
There’s not really anything else you can do.

I’ve removed your other post with the same question. You’ll get better advice when the replies are concentrated on one place.

Sorry for the double post and thank you for removing it.
The problem is that without sim-free option I will not be able to pre-order the Iphone at the end of October. The AT&T prepaid plan seems not to provide the possibility to order the last iPhones.

I read that the applecare + is not an international warranty and just provide services in the country where you purchase it. Considering I will be back in France in several months, I would like to know if it is possible to buy an apple care + in a different country from where the phone has been purchased?

Thanks,
Pm

The iPhone warranty is not worldwide and Apple may restrict coverage to the country in which the iPhone was purchased.

I am assuming, and hoping, and probably far from reality, that when the phone is available for pre-order the page will be updated for the non-carrier option

It’s the same here in Austria. You have to get the SIM card from your carrier, separately, if you need one.