What's new

iPhone X Shortages expected until Early 2018

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
iPhone X shortages expected until early 2018.JPG

AppleInsider reports that according to KGI Securities analyst Ming-Chi Kuo, in his first note to investors since the iPhone X and iPhone 8 were announced on Monday, Apple will not be able to keep up with demand for the iPhone X until at least the first half of 2018. Bearing this in mind, Kuo has also cut his projections for the number of iPhone X units built to 40 million rather than his previous projection of 50 million.

However, Kuo has also increased his 2018 shipment estimate to between 80 million and 90 million iPhone X units.

Generally speaking, Kuo sounds impressed with Apple’s new product line-up, stating his opinion that Apple’s proprietary structured light technology will provide a high level of security. He also revealed that the iPhone X has the highest screen-to-body ratio of any smartphone currently on the market.

Kuo also praises Apple’s augmented reality ARKit, saying that competitors will find it hard to match Apple’s software and hardware innovation and integration.

In what was overall a very positive note to investors, Kuo said that anyone worried about the market accepting Face ID and the $999 entry-level price can stop panicking, stating

“Amid mixed market views, we expect shares of the Apple supply chain to be volatile or even corrected in the near future. We recommend investors seize the opportunity to accumulate supply chain shares.”

Source: Apple isn't expected to catch up to iPhone X demand before first half of 2018

Wow! The first half of 2018? That means I’ll keep my iPhone 7 Plus for way more than a year, if I can’t order the X early enough.

It looks like most people will be going for the X. I’ve seen polls and comments on some sites (not only this forum) showing that tendency.