What's new

iPhone won't charge in Computer/USB

MannsD

Reaction score
Hey Peeps! I have an iPhone 7 Plus. It will charge perfectly when plugged directly into the wall but won't charge or detect on my MacBook (or my PC).

1- It's not the iPhone cord as I've tried my other iPhone on the cord and it works perfectly.
2- It's not the Macbook because as I previously stated my other phone works on it.
3- I'm going to assume it's not the phone's charging port because it charges perfectly in the wall. It just doesn't charge when plugged into my Macbook's USB port.
3- It's not the Macbook's USB ports as I've tried them all with my other phone.

Can someone PLEEEEAAAASSSE help me!!!??? I'm trying to restore some things from iTunes that I previously backed up but I can't get my Macbook to recognize my phone.

You have not ruled these all out. Just because one mobile works with the cord and the MacBook, it does not mean that cord is not the problem once it comes to you 7 Plus. Try a different cord if you can find one.

If a different cord still does not work with your 7 Plus, then maybe take the mobile into the Apple store and let them run a diagnostic on it? I have never had a problem similar to yours, sorry. Good luck!

The iphones are very sensitive to voltage drop at the end of the cable. I have a 3rd party cable that works with some chargers and not others for this reason. It may be that the Mac USB voltage and current drawn just dip below the limit.

As per HunnieBunnie, I would try another cable and, if buying another cable, preferably look for as short as usable.