What's new

Iphone will not connect to wifi.

marc1704

Reaction score
Never posted in a forum so bare with me haha.
Okay, so my iPhone died the other night as i fell asleep, i charged it as soon as i woke up and now for the past couple days it has not found any wifi networks nearby. I have an iPhone 4s running ios 7.0.4. When i go onto Wi-fi it blank, no suggestions come up. My sister also has an iPhone 4s, running the same firmware and hers will detect all nearby Wi-Fi devices fine. I have tried resetting my network settings normally and with aeroplane mode on. I have reset my phone to factory settings as well as reset my router and ensured Wifi multimedia is enabled in my router settings. I feel it could be a bug in the ios 7 firmware. I am out of options, nothing seems to work ? Hopefully someone has an idea for me because i'm out of options.

Last edited:
It's possible that there has been a failure of the WiFi on your iPhone. If there's an Apple Store nearby you should take it in for a Genius Bar appointment so a full diagnostic can be run on your iPhone. This will determine whether or not it is a hardware issue.

Have you dropped your phone at all ??
Mine fell over hard and over a couple of months my wifi died too
Fortunately it was just in warranty and Apple swapped it out foc

Can you check to see if any other devices can connect to your network?

Verify that your device can connect to another wifi network, ie; an open network at Starbucks or the library.

Download the latest firmware for your router, you can go to the routers manufacture website or there is usually a link within the routers settings. (if you have the routers software installed on your computer, you can access the settings and software update link)

I had same problem but after exploring much about it i found this solution which helped me out.

General > Reset > Reset Network Settings

(pass the confirmation prompt and restart)
tried wifi - no luck
General > Reset > Reset All Settings
(pass the confirmation prompt and restart)
tried wifi - no luck
General > Reset > Reset Network Settings
and it finally worked. But of course by this point all the customization under settings have to be re-entered.