What's new

iPhone. What is it good for?

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
What are your particular uses for your iPhone? These pocket computers have a bewildering array of functions, so what are the features you use most?

For me, music is first and foremost. AirPlay is perhaps the feature I use the most, along with iTunes Remote, Home Sharing, iTunes and hardware control apps. The iPhone is not so much my media device as the device that controls all of the others.

Being deaf, I cannot simply pick up a pay phone, or any phone for that matter, to communicate. My iPhones serves as my sole communications platform (email, SMS, HTML, VPS etc.) everywhere I go. They also let me use maps while out of the house, so they serve transportation uses as well.

Email, SMS, phone, Twitter & Facebook, Linkedin etc. Not much for music and photo. But, I am disappointed, iphone 7 still not fully compatible with Microsoft Exchange. iphone doesn't display contacts from exchange.

Email, SMS, phone, Twitter & Facebook, Linkedin etc. Not much for music and photo. But, I am disappointed, iphone 7 still not fully compatible with Microsoft Exchange. iphone doesn't display contacts from exchange.

I wonder if that needs to be implemented at the server. I don't have a list from my present Exchange account, but I did from a previous one.

I listen to podcasts on my iPhone, and take a lot of videos, and also send e mails, I find it so easy to use the iPhone for most things now. My iPhone has made my iMac redundant now

You may still be able to search Exchange Server contacts.

In Contacts select Groups at the top.

Tap on the Exchange Server (probably the very last one, may be separated by a space)

Enter the name or part of it (usually last name) and search - the list may come up automatically.

I have two exchange accounts but it is not shown in Group list. Yes, true, it's disappointment, iphone 7 doesn't display exchange contacts.

A media hub and e-communication device, for things like email, social media and texting. I use my iPhone for making actual phone calls 1% of the time.

Oh, and pron.

I swore I would never own anything Apple. At first I thought they're just money grabbers but saying that who isn't it?
I borrowed one and I loved it. Fab little device. I'd stick with the smaller iPhones of course so when I upgrade in 2018 I may get an SE and well, see if they release one for seven

Everything bar video editing and word processing. The app I use most in terms of time is Netflix but chrome and gmail in my pocket makes life so much easier. Basically, if it's a fairly short task and doesn't need crazy computing power I'm doing it on my iPhone.

If you have 2 spare ones, the oldest one you could put it in your freezer and test how long it stays alive for.
In a sealed bag of coarse. Minimum time must be 1 year

Phone & texting mainly, then contacts data base, calendar for appointments, alarm clock, music in car.and calculator ... sometimes to read e-mails and check internet on the way, Astronomy star locator and currency exchange apps...nothing fancy

Pretty basic stuff but very useful to me