What's new

Iphone volume problem

David80

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I am a new member but would like to report a problem with my Iphone 4S. Other than when the phone rings I have no volume at all, I cannot adjust the ringer volume and have no sound on the keypad. I turned it on and off a few times and did a full system restore and nothing has worked.
I then rang the Apple Store and they have given me a case number and made an appointment at the Apple Store close to me so they can check it out. They told me they are aware of the problem and believe it is in the software. They said they are working on it and that when I visit the store it is most likely they will replace the phone at no cost and asked me to do a back up before I visit.
I got this new phone in December 2011, 3 months ago, and I am happy with this outcome. Maybe if other users phones are not so old they can do the same as Apple did not seem to want to argue at all and seem happy to give me a new phone.

I hope this helps other frustrated users!!

Regards

David

Good luck with your problem, David. Apple will help you out on this for sure, it's just a matter of time. Since you're in your warranty period you have nothing to worry about except for this temporary time-frame that your phone is flawed. Stuff happens, and unfortunately you got caught up in it. Let us know how this turns out.

Hi David,

Thank you for the information. I am having the same problem and now I can save my time reading through many things to try.

Stephanie